Paula Deen in the news

Discussion in 'Discussion Group' started by Sdaanimal, Jun 26, 2013.

1. Harvey

Harvey Well-Known Member

You are reaching. What about a southern plantation with all black servants waiting on a white woman's fantasy has a positive connotation again?

2. Harvey

Harvey Well-Known Member

There are a lot of things wrong with this country. First and foremost, those who think differing opinions are wrong for the country are exactly what is wrong with this country (i.e., your statement). Also on the list would be racism and people chalking it up to 'hurt feelings'.

All of Paula Deen's sponsors have every right to drop her for fear of not being associated with her, her comments, or people's misconceptions. It happens all the time. Had they ran a poll to see how annoying her voice was and dropped her they would be equally justified. They just don't want to do business with her anymore. Tiger Woods, Tim Tebow, Charlie Sheen, the list goes on and on.

3. sassymom

sassymom Well-Known Member

Sorry didnt realize my comment was directed to you.. hmmm guess I missed that part of my post! But hey take it how you want!

4. sassymom

She could have hired an all white staff and guess what she would still be considered racist by some, just sayin

5. Sherry A.

Sherry A. Well-Known Member

Wouldn't want to trip over you getting that cookware. :lol: Everyone has an opinion and mine is as important as yours.......:rolleyes: If she would have just said something 25 years ago that would be different, in my opinion, but this theme party is beyond my concept. Oh well life goes on.

Sherry

6. sassymom

bingo!! I may not agree with you or Harv. but you have a right to your thoughts just like me!!

7. Sherry A.

Whenever I disagree with you, which is often, this is your response. So funny. Everyone has opinions and can voice them, whether they agree with you or not. You may not understand the response but that is on you, not them.

Sherry

8. INTHEBUFF

INTHEBUFF Well-Known Member

If you truly knew your history about plantations you'd also know that Africans were not the only ones working them. There were many others sold into indentured servitude along side the Africans that were brought over. Many were sold by their family members in hopes of giving them a better start in America, unbeknownst to them that many of these "children" would not make it to adulthood or freedom because of the hardships they faced, we're talking about the very poor from the slums of London, from all over Europe and so many from Ireland/Scotland. One of the biggest ports was Charleston, SC and that my friends is why we have a huge history in NC and SC and Georgia of Irish/Scottish heritage. I think "Gone With The Wind" has brought about a misinterpretation of the southern plantation and this is where most people get their opinion from. There was more than one kind of slave on them and it wasn't just the color black. Get to know your history.

Last edited: Jun 28, 2013
  9. Sherry A.

Absolutely. :lol:

Sherry

10. C me Now BMM

C me Now BMM Well-Known Member

Tim Tebow? Ok now it's loud and clear you are a complete idiot that has no clue what your talking about. Imbecile

11. Sherry A.

12. sassymom

13. C me Now BMM

Oh I'm sorry, you're an idiot and imbecile too, along with Harvey. Tim Tebow doesn't belong in the same class as Tiger or Charlie, but its apparent that both of you take shots at God whenever you can.

14. Sherry A.

Yeah, I read it and knew about it. I don't care about a person's faith but I guess some do. It just shows how people lose endorsements for lots of reasons.

Sherry

15. Sherry A.

Neither of us took a shot at God. The ones who withdrew sponsorship decided to pull out. I know my father is a spirtual man and he doesn't think faith and sports belong together. He never liked Tebo kneeling but that's my dad's opinion. I don't watch pro football.

Calling people names because you don't understand, agree or know about something is wrong in my opinion but you have that right, given to you by vets like my dad.

Sherry

16. JenniferK

JenniferK Well-Known Member

This thing has just gotten way out of hand...

And somebody please explain to me, how PD wanting a "plantation style" wedding with black servers is any different than Hugh Heffner hosting a party and having all the servers as bikini clad beauties? It's still a "class" of people?

I, for one, will continue to support PD, hell I may just go out of my way to patronize QVC, who hasn't dropped her.

17. C me Now BMM

Which shows your shallowness and ignorance, maybe you should care about ones faith. Oh damn if you did that you wouldn't of voted for Obama/ rev wright.
    People are defined by the faith they have wherever that faith leads, so if you don't care about ones faith than you don't care about people.

Last edited: Jun 28, 2013
  18. Harvey

Harvey Well-Known Member

19. Harvey

Harvey Well-Known Member

Doesn't matter. Advertisers are free to associate their product with who they wish. Say something stupid and they pull their ads. Promote a point of view they don't agree is in their best interest and they pull their ads.

20. Harvey

Harvey Well-Known Member

Oh boy. Another one who thinks Jesus Christ plays football.

The point is he lost sponsorships at one point. It's an analogy, a comparison, etc. Get over yourself.