Sheetz Gas Station

Discussion in 'Discussion Group' started by CATSRUS, Jun 28, 2013.

1. CATSRUS

CATSRUS Member

Does anyone know why the delay in building the Sheetz gas station on Cornwallis & 42?

2. JenniferK

JenniferK Well-Known Member

PRM, you're such a smarty pants sometimes, lol...

3. bostonredhead

bostonredhead Well-Known Member

THought it was scheduled to be built at 42 and Amelia CHurch?

4. gcoats3

gcoats3 Well-Known Member

Apartments will be built before Sheetz builds at Hwy 42 and Amelia Church Road per developer at Town of Clayton Planning Board when apartments were approved. Apartments were planned directly behind Sheetz. No progress and no ground broken and property is looking bad! In the meantime more medical support buildings approved right down Hwy. 42. Clayton is gaining some very good medical practice groups. Great for us seniors!

5. jesse82nc

jesse82nc Well-Known Member

Sheetz had originally said that they planned to open in the Spring of 2014 here.

There are 2 Sheetz planned on 42, one at Cornwallis, the other at Amelia Church. The 2nd one will not be built until the new apartments are built first.

6. Bluewillow

Bluewillow Well-Known Member

Is this official? We drive by the location at Cornwallis every day and noticed that there's not much happening there now. It would be so convenient if a Sheetz was there. Thanks to anyone in the know!

7. jesse82nc

They had said so on their Facebook page a couple months ago. Construction was supposed to start in the Fall of 2013. They were currently getting the final approvals from the County last I checked.

8. markfnc

markfnc Well-Known Member

A guy I know who builds most of the Sheetz says that one @ Cornwallis & NC 42 was cancelled.

9. 4wheelhigh

4wheelhigh New Member

I dont how accurate my information is but I work at a gas station down from there and we heard they found a gas line running under the property that no one knew about, and its going to cost a fortune to move, I heard around a million.

10. lgb0250

lgb0250 Well-Known Member

So much for speculation! Received this today:

Thank you for contacting Sheetz. I have reviewed the Construction Schedule that we have available to us and I don't see anything scheduled for the Clayton, NC area.

If you have any further questions or concerns, please feel free to contact us.

Thank you,

Barb B.
    Sheetz Customer Service

11. jesse82nc

From Sheetz Facebook page:

Facebook Post

For reference, their email customer service reps don't know anything. Their Social Media employees always have the inside scoop.

12. Bluewillow

Thank you for posting. You're correct. Emailing and phone calls haven't been very informative. This is why I check here for info. The people on here are great! Well, most of them! (Some of them kinda scare me, sometimes!:jester:)

13. lgb0250

lgb0250 Well-Known Member

Thanks. Interesting info.

14. jtn

jtn New Member

They started doing construction at Amelia Church and 42 intersection last week. So far they have just been clearing that lot.

15. Rockyv58

Rockyv58 Well-Known Member

Is that right on the same corner where JMH is just down the road a piece?

16. markfnc

markfnc Well-Known Member

Per a friend in Clayton permitting, neither job is in for review.

17. AnnetteL

AnnetteL Well-Known Member

I heard that they were just doing some sewer or water lines there.

18. tassy

tassy Well-Known Member

Thats what it looks like, I drive through there once a day.

It looks like they are doing some clearing on the corner lot diagonal to corner they are staged on for doing the sewer / water lines. A year or so ago there was an old house on that lot and the local fire dept did a controlled burn or training exercise there.

19. Bluewillow

OK, I know that we don't personally pay taxes to the town of Clayton, but is the corner of hwy 42 and Cornwallis under the jurisdiction of Clayton? Thanks to anyone in the know!

20. Grinder

Grinder Well-Known Member

It is in their ETJ, so yes. Their ETJ pretty much goes past the 70 bypass a little bit, going down 42 towards 40/42