Cleveland Oaks Contract

Discussion in 'Discussion Group' started by Rockyv58, Jul 18, 2013.

1. Rockyv58

Rockyv58 Well-Known Member

I went by the Cleveland Oaks contract postal store and it is closed. :(

2. Sdaanimal

Sdaanimal Well-Known Member

Is this the one over by Food Lion, Glen Road? If so, that is a shame, as it is conveniently close to us. Although I noticed that the UPS store near the Lowes food store (Routes 50 & 42) offers post office services. I am not surprised to hear that it closed; they posted later hours, didn't accept checkcards/credit cards (they used to, but tried to enforce a minimum amount on a purchase which of course is against visa rules). They also seemed to run out of stamps, often running over to the Food Lion to purchase more from them, which I always thought was odd. You would think it would be the other way around...:?
    The people who worked there were always very friendly :)

3. Rockyv58

Last edited: Jul 18, 2013
  4. harleygirl

harleygirl Well-Known Member

Thanks for the heads up!

5. kaci

kaci Well-Known Member

How long ago were you in there, if you are talking about Bulldogexpress which came under new ownership years ago when the contract post office which just closed opened then you are way off. Bulldog Express does accept cards, they are always there during posted hours and i have never had anything but excellent service from them, up to and including packaging my items to ship for me free of charge.

6. Hatteras6

Hatteras6 Well-Known Member

+1.....The folks at Bulldog are WONDERFUL!

7. Sdaanimal

I was not talking about Bulldog express; I was talking about the one mentioned. Bulldog Express does have friendly people in there. I usually go to a real post office, though, to pay for actual postage cost.

8. Rockyv58

I've only been in Bulldog once and that was to buy stamps because Cleveland oaks was out of stamps. They charged a buck or more extra for the stamps. Stamps are expensive enough as is. If I need stamps I will by them now at the grocery store at face value.

9. Sdaanimal

:iagree:

10. esther

esther Active Member

I've been going to Bulldog for years. You couldn't ask for better, friendlier people. This is their business...how they make a living...if they didn't charge you a little more how would they live. so convenient and so nice.....it would cost that much in extra gas to drive all the way to post office in Garner (or Willow Springs)...

11. Rockyv58

Or you could walk two doors down to Food Lion and buy stamps and it would not cost you any more in gas. I understand its their livelyhood but it's also my money and I work just as hard for my money as they do for their money. I'm sure they are very nice people.

I do not see any grocery store going out of business because they sell postage stamps at face value. Are you suggesting that Cleveland Oaks should of overcharged for postage stamps and they might of still been in business?

Cleveland Oaks contract store was doing what the postal service couldn't or wouldn't do. I was actually in attendance the night at the elementary school when the Greater Cleveland Chamber of Commerce had a postal representative there to speak to us about getting a post office. That's when I found out we were two different communities Garner and Cleveland. We would of had to incorporate and even then there was a good chance we wouldn't get a post office

Last edited: Jul 20, 2013
  12. Hatteras6

Hatteras6 Well-Known Member

At some point, for all of us, the opportunity cost of a stamp reveals what we'd really pay for it. Do I pay more for postage at Bulldog than I might at FL? Yes. Is that difference in price and convenience worth the time and usual hassle of going in to FL to buy a stamp? No way!

YMMV for stamps. I find the convenience of Bulldog plus all the rest they happily do for me more than meets the paltry few cents of a stamp that might otherwise require a venture into FL.

FWIW, if cost is that critical, you can purchase stamps and services online and arrange for pickup. Seems as cost effective an option as there is.