1000 year prison sentence

Discussion in 'Discussion Group' started by Rockyv58, Jul 28, 2013.

1. Rockyv58

Rockyv58 Well-Known Member

I got thinking after hearing about Ariel Castro getting life with out parole and a 1000 year sentence, What happens to the body after he or any other prisoner with more than a life sentence dies? Are they buried in a prison cemetery then dug up and their bones given to any living family member?

2. Sherry A.

Sherry A. Well-Known Member

Typically, if there is someone to claim the remains, they are released for cremation or burial... when no one steps forward to claim the body, the inmate is then buried by the state, either on the grounds, if a cemetery is maintained, or at the location where others who are either indigent or unclaimed are interred.

It really depends on which state.

Sherry

3. spy109

spy109 Well-Known Member

lol Not sure on that.

I think there should be a statute that says if the person is sentenced more time then they can possibly serve... instant death penalty.

4. Rockyv58

:iagree:

I just find it ridiculous when sentences are handed down for longer than a person is alive

5. tassy

tassy Well-Known Member

I think its ridiculous that the taxpayers are going to have to pay for his arse to sit in jail until he dies of natural causes. They should just send him to the chair or lethal injection and spend that money in other areas that its needed.

:banghead:

Last edited: Jul 29, 2013
  6. HidesinOBX

HidesinOBX Well-Known Member

I so agree, or give him a choice, say, death or we whack off your beans and weiner!

7. sirputz

sirputz Well-Known Member

Yeah but lawmakers would only spend it in their paychecks. giving themselves a raise for coming up with this budget breaking idea!!!
    Like how they don't have to take part in Obamacare, but the rest of us do!

8. ddrdan

ddrdan Well-Known Member

He took a no trial guilty plea for the life sentence.

The legal system took the financial choice. With all the charges he had, that case would have taken 2 years or more and cost the state $250 to 500k. And that doesn't include all the pleas 'after' they give him the death sentence. Not to mention dragging those 3 women through the gutter of justice in the process. If he lasts 15 years in jail they spent the same amount of money. The case wouldn't be government subsidized, but the internment is.

You want more death sentences? Quit letting the media broadcast trials for free. Start charging them by the cost of the court process. Money won't be an issue and the DA's office will grow two fold with prosecutors who don't plea bargain.

9. Lucky1

Lucky1 Well-Known Member

Here's a neat article on Texas.

http://www.txprisonmuseum.org/articles/cemetery.html

"From early on, the cemetery was known as “Peckerwood Hill.” From all accounts this term was given to the cemetery by inmates. The term "perkerwood" refers to those inmates who were poor. The state buried inmates in this cemetery whenever no one claimed the bodies of those who died while incarcerated. "

10. Palisade

Palisade Well-Known Member

While I agree it would be nice to have that as an option, unfortunately in thirty years he'd sue for millions for forced sterilization.

And he'd more'n likely win.

11. spy109

spy109 Well-Known Member

Yup. Death is the best option. Cheaper and less liability. Needs to be fast tracked to. I think it is cruel how they make these people wait so long to get served.

12. Wayne Stollings

Wayne Stollings Well-Known Member

Unless, of course, there is a mistaken conviction and the wrongful death suit comes into play. Even beyond a reasonable doubt is not a guarantee of complete accuracy in not convicting an innocent person of a crime. There are tons of cases which are being quesitoned in NC at this time.

13. Rockyv58

You all probably heard but the scum of Cleveland hung himself. He even saved the taxpayers the money used for the drugs used for lethal injection. Now they have an open cell for another piece scum.

http://www.wral.com/ohio-man-who-held-3-women-captive-found-dead/12848646/

14. C me Now BMM

C me Now BMM Well-Known Member

Best thing he ever did. Appreciate it. Ariel. Hope you put on your fire gear.

15. Hught

Hught Well-Known Member

16. Rockyv58

Deep down so was I. Kind of liked him to go out like Jeffrey Dahmer at the hands of his cell mate. But say la vie