Anyone know where I can find

Discussion in 'Discussion Group' started by lgb0250, Jul 29, 2013.

1. lgb0250

lgb0250 Well-Known Member

bi-colored corn?

Even though Lowes likes to show it in their flyer when they put corn on sale, they never have it! Just the white and yellow. I've tried Lowes and Food Lion to no avail. I also stopped up at the produce stand at Cornwallis and Cleveland today and they didn't have any. I think they usually get theirs later in the summer. They had it last year and it was great. I really hate to have to drive up to Harris Teeer or Kroger but I would if I knew they had it.

Thanks

2. bosoxfan

bosoxfan Well-Known Member

The stand at Cornwallis & Cleveland had it about three weeks ago. The early corn seems to be the best, in my opinion. The later stuff seemed to be tougher and had less flavor.

3. tassy

tassy Well-Known Member

One of the corn vendors at the farmers market on Lake Wheeler Rd. had bi-colored corn last weekend. They were backed in with a truck load of it.

4. lgb0250

lgb0250 Well-Known Member

Thanks tassy. There is only one vendor at the farmers market that carries it but I was able to pick up a bag of 65 ears from them for $25 today.

5. tassy

tassy Well-Known Member

Glad you found them! Last weekend they were down to just 2 or 3 vendors that were selling corn.
    :hurray:

6. 1_more_PitBull

1_more_PitBull Well-Known Member

I work at the Farmers Market and there are more then just 2 or 3 selling corn still.. You might have came late in the day. Although there are only about 8 people in all who sale corn out there. BUT we are getting to the end of corn season, so if you want some it's best to come during the week and not the weekend cause they sale out fast.

7. tassy

tassy Well-Known Member

It was around noon when I got there on Saturday... usually if I'm going out there I try to be there earlier, but I had to work that morning until 11. Lunchtime on the weekends is crazy out there... too many peoples!

8. 1_more_PitBull

1_more_PitBull Well-Known Member

That is the truth! If people ask me about the market.. I tell them do not come on the weekends unless you come Sunday about 9/10... I hate working Saturdays out there this time a year.

9. bissielizzie

bissielizzie Well-Known Member

Porters on 42 next to Ogburn's has bi color corn and really yummy ice cream.

10. C me Now BMM

C me Now BMM Well-Known Member

Sell

11. KellBell

KellBell Well-Known Member

Porters has the bi-color corn.... variety: 'argent' I believe. it's deelish.