Sheetz Gas Station

Discussion in 'Discussion Group' started by CATSRUS, Jun 28, 2013.

1. Bluewillow

Bluewillow Well-Known Member

Is that a good thing or bad thing? I know Cary is often in the news for their antics, but really don't know anything about Clayton.

2. Grinder

Grinder Well-Known Member

Depends on if you think the Town of Clayton dictating what goes on land (what can be developed who, what, where, when and why) is a good thing or not.

Its all perspective.

Last edited: Jul 29, 2013
  3. cranky

cranky Well-Known Member

It scares me... I don't want to live in Clayton or their ETJ. I don't want their taxes, ordinances, or their "police" over-enforcing traffic stops. I would prefer to see things stay as they are, however I would also be interested in that other thing. You know operation "pick a 'friggin name and incorporate already".

I mean it's not like anyone is looking at the hundreds of (taxable) busineses at 40/42 with greedy intentions or any thing.

4. jesse82nc

jesse82nc Well-Known Member

42 and Cornwallis is unincorporated. So it just falls under JoCo planning.

I did hear that 42 and Amelia Church would be a few months later than 42 and Cornwallis. They were waiting on the apartment complex to start construction first.

That clearing on 42 on the West side of Amelia Church next to the hospital is supposed to be more medical offices last I heard. And I know they plan to expand the hospital soon as well. They already have way more patients then they originally planned for.

5. Grinder

Grinder Well-Known Member

Incorporate already....

Ask the folks in Archer Lodge how its working out for them.

Course, 40/42 has a lot more too it than Archer Lodge.

6. tassy

tassy Well-Known Member

Thats not the corner I was talking about, those houses were moved off the property, not burned. That also was never intended to be a full size hospital, they just added on to Smithfield not that long ago. They need to send their patients requiring more than a "day surgery gone awry" or scheduled late and requiring an overnite to Smithfield. This is in my backyard, so yes I am already tired of the construction noise.

Last edited: Jul 30, 2013
  7. markfnc

markfnc Well-Known Member

Sheetz at NC 42 & Cornwallis is back. Bidding mid February, start Construction mid March, turn over to Sheetz for their internal part mid July. Open for biz mid August.

8. AnnetteL

AnnetteL Well-Known Member

My husband was just saying the other day that Duke Lazarra Development might be doing some of the work there.

9. Smudger

Smudger Well-Known Member

I see no future for the Exxon that has been notorious for POOR customer service I mean they talk and text and could care less about it. I go there 2-3 times a year but drive by it about 900 times a year. I used to stop in when it was Thurmans about 275 times a year but still give them 2-3 chances a year hopeful it will go better but never has. I look forward to Sheetz there. I hope they dont hire the help from Exxon though ;]