Does anyone know what is being built?

Discussion in 'Discussion Group' started by mylittle_man, Jun 24, 2013.

1. Grinder

Grinder Well-Known Member

Never seen a Home Depot next to a Lowes Home Improvement. For that to make sense, HD would need to go across 42 back behind Golden Corral or down 42 across the street from the Draft House.

Dont see a HD coming in right next to Lowes.

2. sirputz

sirputz Well-Known Member

I've seen em side by side. Can't remember exactly where (could be somewhere in Florida, I'm still checking maps) but I know I've seen it. I've shopped at both! I know I heard a HD was coming to McGees with a Walmart Express, but never heard anything more.

3. michelle

michelle Well-Known Member

I've seen them side by side as well. The stores in Garner are only about 2 miles apart.

4. C me Now BMM

C me Now BMM Well-Known Member

Crossroads they're within spitting distance.

5. Harvey

Harvey Well-Known Member

I hate Home Depot, but if this is true it might bring down some prices.

6. tassy

tassy Well-Known Member

I like HD, but I think Lowes is more home-owner friendly.

7. sirputz

sirputz Well-Known Member

here's one of my experiences (one of many actually)

I ordered something online for in store pickup that same day at Lowe's. I went to pick it up at scheduled time (gave them several hours to get it ready) Went to desk, gave my name, they could not find my purchase in holding anywhere. (it was window screening, and some small items, all easily carried by any employee) I waited 20 minutes before they said they would have to pull it again. Waited another 20 minutes till they pulled everything and brought it up front. When I got home, I didn't even have the time to do the smaller job I had planned on doing before leaving for work. Complained online and the next day the manager called me to tell me that they indeed had my items up front, in the holding cage right next to customer service. No one bothered to look.

Fast forward one week to an online purchase for in store pick up at HD. They had my order ready, labeled with my name, checked my ID, offered to load it into my truck (two 4*4's and some smaller stuff) and wished me a good afternoon. I was in and out in 6 minutes. And was able to complete my project before I left for work that day. And both pick ups were scheduled for around 1 pm, I was working evenings at the time. So I should have had 4-5 hrs to complete my projects.

HD may be further away (right now) but they went above and beyond.

Oh, and here's another one. Lowe's recently had an online order for a customer of mine, and we waited nearly 35 minutes for them to find it and bring it forward. (how hard is it to lose a 21 foot piece of pipe?) They don't even sell those lengths in store, so it had to be in a certain place to fit!!!

IMO HD will get more of my business, Lowe's is just for convenience and Ace will get all my other business.

8. lgb0250

lgb0250 Well-Known Member

Don't think it's a HD going back there. They are within spitting distance at Crossroads BUT they are still across the street from each other allowing them to catch traffic going both ways. Don't think HD would put a store where the customer has to go right by Lowes to get to them! If there was one going in I would think the prime spot would be directly across the street from the Walmart primary entrance/exit light. Secondary location IMO would be back by Golden Corral but that doesn't afford them much highway visibility.

9. Sdaanimal

Sdaanimal Well-Known Member

We have had similar experiences at Lowes; ordered lumber which they for some reason do not carry in stock. When they called to tell us it came in, we waited and waited just like you described. It's like the left hand doesn't know what the right hand is doing. We also discovered that this lumber did not hold up as well as Home Depot's does. Hubby builds cabinets and it was more difficult to cut and overall was inferior in quality. We travel to HD even though it is further away; he keeps track of his mileage anyway for his business purposes. Although Lowes does have some items HD does not; aluminum strips, specific screws. We haven't been to Lowes lately until we strategically plan a trip to a few stores that way, because of this Cornwallis Road being closed. :x

10. Wraunch

Wraunch Well-Known Member

So does anyone know what the plan is for that land? They are prepping it for something.