Missing Dog hwy 210 HELP!

Discussion in 'Discussion Group' started by trident2, Aug 4, 2013.

1. trident2

trident2 Well-Known Member

Thanks. I will try to do that when I get back this evening. Thanks again to everyone for their concern. You folks are awesome!

2. trident2

3. Rockyv58

Rockyv58 Well-Known Member

4. Vanosa

Vanosa Active Member

I live off of Lassiter, very near Reedy Creek. I will be on the lookout for your sweet-looking dog!

5. trident2

We were contacted today and told that she was spotted at the corner of Reedy Creek and Lassiter at a house. We are hoping she turns up soon. The longer time progresses the less the likelihood she will be found. Thank you for looking for us. It's been a tough two days for all of us.

6. 1_more_PitBull

1_more_PitBull Well-Known Member

As of right now I am off tomorrow so I will ride that way. I live in Clayton. If anyone finds her do you want her returned to Pet Perfection?

7. trident2

We are coming back tomorrow and will be back in the area after lunch. If anyone finds her I would ask them to please post here and keep her until we get back.

It would be so wonderful if she was found. I'm still holding on to hope. Thank you so much for caring enough to look. That goes for all of you. My little girl has found comfort in seeing how many people have been concerned over her dog.

8. 1_more_PitBull

Ok. I drop my little girl off at daycare about 8ish then I will head that way and PM you if I see her or get her to my truck. Her name is Zoey right? I will be sure to take food with me. Does she seem to respond to the sound of a treat in a bottle or bag? If so I will take them and shake it if I see her.

9. trident2

Yes, she loves the sound of snacks shaking in a bag or can. Her name is Zoey and she likes being spoken to like a baby. 1-more-pit bull, that is so awesome of you to do that. I know I keep saying it but I sincerely mean it, thank you EVERYBODY!

10. Vanosa

Vanosa Active Member

I took a drive up and down Reedy Creek at dusk; I noticed a couple of other dogs at the end of their driveway, but no black and white one. In the morning I'll do it again, and also go down Lassiter aways. Does she have an I.D. tag and collar on?? We had a wonderful (also black & white) Beagle-mix for 16 years (and I have kids), so I can imagine your heartache. Hang in there!

11. trident2

Thank you for doing that. As far as we know, she doesn't have any collar, etc on.
    We are hoping she's found and appreciate all the support you all have given.

12. DontCareHowYouDoItInNY

DontCareHowYouDoItInNY Well-Known Member

Have to say, you are handling this better than most of us would. I'm sure it was unintentional, and possibly unavoidable, but holy cow...what a way to ruin a vacation.

I put the pic on Imageshack to make it easier.

[​IMG]

Here is the link if you want to use it.
    http://imageshack.com/a/img837/6642/hu9w.jpg

13. trident2

Thank you for posting the picture! It is a very hard situation to deal with. We thought we did everything right to make sure she would be safe and taken cere of before we left to go on vacation.

As hard as that is to deal with, what's even harder is not being able to explain to our daughter why this happened to her dog and how Mom and Dad can"t "fix it".

We are just trying to stay as positive as we can under very negative circumstances. All the support we have received from here and Craigslist has helped our daughter as well as us with the hope part.

Last edited: Aug 6, 2013
  14. 1_more_PitBull

I hope I do find her cause it's raining down here this morning. No problem for me looking her. I know I would want someone to do the same if my Mini Dottie was missing.

15. 1_more_PitBull

So far no luck. I have even rode in the housing delp's with no sign.

16. tassy

tassy Well-Known Member

Has this been put on FaceBook yet?

17. trident2

Thank you! We are heading back now but just pulled over so I could respond. As we are getting closer to home our sadness is increasing. Our little girl was looking forward to seeing her buddy. Thank you all for trying for us. It means a lot.

18. Vanosa

Vanosa Active Member

Hi again - I just drove Lassiter, Reedy Creek, Raleigh Rd., Hwy 210, Old Barbour Rd., etc., and no luck. I would definitely be in touch with the Johnston Cty. Animal Control (919-934-8474), in case someone has found her, and called them. I've actually met the animal control guy, who is very much an animal lover! Of course, an animal without I.D. is far more complicated to find, than one with tags of some sort. I will keep looking! Vanessa

19. ImTheNormal0ne

ImTheNormal0ne Well-Known Member

she is my niece in law and i know she is feeling horrible and probably has her husband out looking if she isnt herself. she loves animals. and is wonderful with them.

20. gcoats3

gcoats3 Well-Known Member

As I indicated in previous post our family has been through this same situation. Not in this area, a different state. It is a heartbreaking situation. We take all the right steps to keep our pets safe and this type situation happens.
    My advice is to print up color photo with information on the flier and put in mail boxes all around the boarder's location. Many residents do not access the internet and many more do not access 40/42. Get the word out ASAP. We are praying for a positive outcome!