Missing Dog hwy 210 HELP!

Discussion in 'Discussion Group' started by trident2, Aug 4, 2013.

1. AnnetteL

AnnetteL Well-Known Member

I could do it on Tuesday morning.

2. trident2

trident2 Well-Known Member

Well, it's been an eventful day. I got my first call at 2:47 this afternoon from a guy that saw Zoey at Reedy Creek Store. The second call came about 5:50 this evening from a guy that lives close to the store. He said she almost got hit by a car across the street from his house but he stopped in front of her and called her so she wouldn't get hit. He said she ran into the woods.

We went out and hiked the woods and rode all around but didn't see her. Johnston County Animal Protection League is coming out to put traps where she was seen.

We know she is still around that area. If we can just catch her in the trap... At this point I don't think she will come to anyone including us. We were told its possibly due to being traumatized from the escape into the wild. I will keep you all posted. Thank you!

Last edited: Aug 11, 2013
  3. Vanosa

Vanosa Active Member

Wow - thanks for the update! What an emotional rollercoaster, especially for your family. I'll keep my fingers crossed, say prayers and hope like "all get out" that the traps work. Jo.Co. Animal Rescue is the best! Your dog must be so exhausted (as are you, I'm sure), and you all deserve a break from this stress!

4. trident2

Thanks Venosa! It has been very stressful for us and I'm sure for some of you. 4042.com has been a huge help in the search for Zoey.

I hope, soon I will be able to say she's been found. If there's ever a way we can help any of you the way you all have helped us we will.

Fingers crossed!

5. Luvgoose1

Luvgoose1 Well-Known Member

It's encouraging that she is staying close to the store. As long as she can find a reliable source of water and food she won't wander far from there. Zoey may also be more responsive to your daughter so the more she can be there calling for her the better. Praying also for some wonderful news soon!

6. Luvgoose1

Luvgoose1 Well-Known Member

Trident, check your PM's asap please!

7. 1_more_PitBull

1_more_PitBull Well-Known Member

Yeah I can do that. What time and place?

8. AnnetteL

AnnetteL Well-Known Member

Just sent you a pm.

9. 1_more_PitBull

1_more_PitBull Well-Known Member

No new news?? :-(

10. trident2

Update: Zoey is being seen around and behind Pet Perfection, Lassiter rd area. She's been sighted the past couple of days and we have been riding for hours and have not seen her yet. We have three traps set now and three more will be set today. Everybody in this area, please keep your eyes out for us. Our daughter was so upset last night she had to sleep with us. Thanks everyone!

11. JCoRes

JCoRes Well-Known Member

Wondering .....

would it help if you took another (family?) dog on leash and walk area ? Being dogs are pack animals .. usually a dog or two will help draw another out. And as someone mentioned, your daughter ... being they are so close and perhaps Zoey hearing her best friends voice. Instead of walking around, maybe sit and just call out her name constantly and she may give in. (I say sit because maybe the moving around in the woods and hearing noise of twigs and such things when people walk in woods is alarming to her)

Will be so excited and happy once reuniting takes place; it's heartwrenching knowing of the sadness on the human side and fear/anxiety on the k9 side of not knowing what's really going on and where their peeps are....

12. trident2

Luvgoose1 please check your PMs.

It has been heart wrenching. Thank you everyone for being here for us.
    We still have hope because shes being sighted more and more. I will keep everyone posted.

13. trident2

JoCoRes,

We have a Plott Hound named Raymond (one of our other pet babies) who is Zoeys younger brother. We've been hoping that someone sees Zoey so we can get Raymond out there within 20 minutes to 'sniff her out'.

We've gotten some great leads within the past 24 hours. She has been hanging out on the Pet Perfection side of 210 between Pet Perfection and within 1/4 mile either way. She has crossed 210 several times because she has also been seen on Lassiter Rd and at Reedy Creek Store. The most recent is the above.

We have gotten some Hamburgers and Peanut butter that we are going to bait the traps with in hopes that she will smell it and hopefully enter one. The lady that is setting the traps said that as long as she is eating she will stay in the area. There is a lot of people leaving food out for her and we can't express our gratitude enough to you all.

Zoey is not very people friendly but she is not mean she is just cautious (barks a lot). I hope we get a call so we can get Raymond out there to 'hunt her' down.

Thanks again everyone, I WILL keep you posted. Please let me know if anybody sees or hears anything.

Last edited: Aug 13, 2013
  14. bosoxfan

bosoxfan Well-Known Member

It might be worth bringing Raymond to the area of where the traps are set, or by Pet Perfection to leave a scent. Maybe Zoey would pick up the scent and hang closer (or go into a trap).

15. trident2

Thanks Bosoxfan, I will see if my husband can get Raymond out there today. He's the only one who can handle him. Raymond is a hunting dog that we converted into a pet (another long story) and he's the least friendliest around other people of all of our dogs.

We do have pillow cases in the traps from our daughters room. Zoey slept in her room every night so we are hoping that may work as well, in conjunction with the hamburgers.

I really think we are getting VERY close to catching her. I hope we can before she gets hurt or worse.

16. bosoxfan

bosoxfan Well-Known Member

If you've got other dogs besides Raymond, maybe bring the one that Zoey is closest to. Even better, maybe one that barks a lot. You might be able to get the dog barking while you're out there, and if Zoey's close, she may come running.

Good luck...you've got a lot of people looking out.

17. Rockyv58

Rockyv58 Well-Known Member

I have a Blue Tick Mix and a Beagle mix, When they get into the wetlands next to my home it's easy to find the Blue Tick cause she is so vocal. Getting her back and on to the back porch I use her barking to help guide the Beagle mix home. Maybe if you bring Raymond with you maybe his vocal voice will help you get Zoey to come out from where she is hiding. Just a thought

18. JCoRes

JCoRes Well-Known Member

Well ... thoughts are continually with ya'll

on this situation as stated previously.

I'd feel this way about any dog "lost" but rat terriers are my favorite so really been keeping any eye on this posting for updates.

Keep us updated as I know you will/have been -- load "she's happy to be home" pictures once y'all get her back :hurray:

19. trident2

Another eventful day. We had over 12 sightings today and we were in the area for 9-10 hours but we personally didn't see her... She was always 5 minutes ahead of us.

I had my husband bring Raymond (our Plott Hound) out and at first he appeared to have picked up her path behind Pet Perfection but then he stopped. He did a lot of barking. We had him walk around the traps that are set so hopefully she will smell him/us and get caught so we can end this nightmare.

She is crossing 210 more and more. One of the callers today said she was almost hit by a car while crossing. With the 6 traps set, all the folks looking, and us looking we just really hope we get her back.

Thanks again everyone for all the help and networking. I hope to post some good news soon.

20. trident2

WE FOUND HER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

She is at her Vet now getting checked out. She is brown from being in the wild, covered in ticks, very sore but is happy to be with us!

We were riding this morning and spotted her in a yard on 210. We pulled over and started calling her and she ran off. My husband drove down the road to block her from crossing 210 (she almost did and was almost hit). I kept telling her to 'STAY' and finally she recognized my voice and stayed!

Due to 4042, we knew what area she was in and you all helped us stay positive in a such a negative/stressful time of our life. We cannot thank you all enough. If we can EVER help any of you, we will!

Webmaster: Thank you so much for putting our dogs picture on the front page. I know thats an expensive add spot. That speaks volumes about what type of person you are.

We have so many people to call and email. I will check back later and respond to any responses.

THANK YOU EVERYONE! We are so THANKFUL and PROUD to call 4042 OUR EXTENDED FAMILY!!!!!!!!!!!! :hurray::grouphug: