*Rant* Health Insurance/Dr.'s visit

Discussion in 'Discussion Group' started by 2not2, Aug 20, 2013.

1. CanisLupis

CanisLupis Banned

Props for spelling adrenalin correctly after "appologies" and "darieair"....way to bounce back. :lol:

2. sirputz

sirputz Well-Known Member

This from the jaggoff who couldn't use the correct synonym earlier for sow (you used sew)

To the OP, from my understanding, October 1St should open the exchanges to health insurance which would begin in Jan. 2014.

Also, in the mean time, check out carecredit.com it helped me in my time of need. Maybe it can help you as well.

Good luck

3. CanisLupis

CanisLupis Banned

Well it looks like I finally had my annual typo. My exceptional grammar and vocabulary should be enough to justify a once in a blue moon miss.

4. Sherry A.

Sherry A. Well-Known Member

Well you seem to know some words, but it seems you are limited to how many:

Sherry

5. AnnetteL

AnnetteL Well-Known Member

6. HidesinOBX

HidesinOBX Well-Known Member

Yes, I've heard good things about them. I believe there was a write up in the paper about them last year. Good luck!!

7. peppercorns

peppercorns Well-Known Member

Rant on:

well...I just want to let all of the "holier then thou" folks know that not all fat people eat poorly, sit on their butts and revel in their illnesses.
    I have always been larger then I should be.
    In the laast three years, due to the medication I am taking for a chronic pulmonary issue, I have gotten very fat.
    I hate every damned second of it. I try to loose weight,and I have lost about 40 pounds, but not nearly enough to make much of a dent. I haven't given up. It is the meds that are packing on the pounds. Corticosteroids that I need daily to breathe, make me hungry and unable to process foods the way a body should.
    If you saw me...walking downthe street, sweatng my butt off, trying to breathe...many would make a derogatory comment..to themselves or my face.
    Would you care that I have lost any weight? Would you care that I can't do half of what I used to? Would you care that sometimes I can't get out of my own way? NO all you would notice is some fat chick.
    Rant off.

Doctors are not supposed to refure treatment no matter insurance or not. There are Community health clinics that go on a sliding fee scale. Keep making phone calls.

8. rntobe

rntobe Well-Known Member

as a member of the healthcare community I have been blessed to be healthy except for high bp which is controlled with medication. As an ER staff member I see MANY people that do not have insurance and have not been to the doctor in years. These people come into the ER with critical issues that end up costing thousands of dollars, ER, ICU or OR admissions. I don't know if the new health care act will help but something has to be done, a few visits to a primary care doctor could have prevented many of the conditions that I see during my shifts.

There are places that will take a sliding scale payment, Alliance Healthcare in Raleigh is one.

9. PirateGirl

PirateGirl Well-Known Member

This AMAZING lady RIGHT HERE (Peppercorns) was an absolute BLESSING to my terminally ill niece during her time of need...an inspiration, cheerleader, source of hope and strength, without a doubt! My niece was put on 1000+mg of steroids daily. When she started, she played softball 6 days a week, Karate 4 days a week, not to mention road her bike and ran almost everyday as well. When she died, the meds had eaten her joints and packed 100 lbs on hr once fit and trim frame. So, no, it's not all about being fat a lazy. Life freakin' happens.

10. ddrdan

ddrdan Well-Known Member

The only problem is you use your dads wise words only when it applies to others.

11. CanisLupis

CanisLupis Banned

I apply it everyday. Fortunately I have reaped several rewards from it.

12. Sherry A.

Sherry A. Well-Known Member

Aren't just just a happy, happy little person. You put others down so you can feel better about yourself, how sad.

Sherry

13. CanisLupis

CanisLupis Banned

You put yourself down every time you expose your ignorance.