Who built your fence? Recomendations?

Discussion in 'Discussion Group' started by KB2, Aug 21, 2013.

1. KB2

KB2 Well-Known Member

I found only 3 companies in the old threads "Fences Unlimited, All Star Fences & Steegars (but steegars has some bad review)

We will probably do a combo of wood & chain link. Is there any other company any of you have used or know of that would be good? We like to talk to at least 3-4 companies to decide.

Thanks!

2. lgb0250

lgb0250 Well-Known Member

Can't recommend Brennan's Fence and Deck highly enough. Family owned and operated. Great people. 919-359-2950

3. Kdog

Kdog Well-Known Member

Agree with this. Brennan Fence they are locally owed.

4. ginger1989

ginger1989 Well-Known Member

All star did ours. It is okay. Husband is super picky and he insists it is not level (I don't see it) BUT, the fence goes off of the corner of our house and the concrete base is about 6 inches deep. Every time we have really strong winds, it blows over and uproots (for lack of a better word). Of course it was past warranty by the time it happened for the first time.

5. singlemom2

singlemom2 Active Member

Emmett & Jennifer Goodwin are awesome people (owners of Fences Unlt). All of their emplyees are very nice & seem like hard workers. Haven't had them do any work for me, but I do deal with them on a weekly basis.

6. CanisLupis

CanisLupis Banned

Seegars or Steegars?

7. 42Local

42Local Well-Known Member

Make sure to shop around, and be careful to compare apples to apples (the same kinds of wood/materials, nails, will every post be concreted into the ground, what depth, etc). We called 7 companies for quotes. 5 took the time to come out and give them (Allstar Fence and the Back Yard Depot said they were going to come out and then never did). The spread between our highest (Seegars) and lowest (Quality Bilt Fence) was $3,590. Seegars was also $1k more than the next quote down. All from reputable companies with good ratings on several forums, the BBB, and Angie's List. Now, I would never have gone with Quality Bilt, as they did my next door neighbor's fence and not only does it look awful, but it falls down often, and it's less than 2 years old. We ultimately had a carpenter come in a do a custom fence, but we got great recommendations on Brennan's Fence Company, who was our second choice.