Advantage Waste no longer servicing JoCo

Discussion in 'Discussion Group' started by Crysta, May 17, 2011.

1. tassy

tassy Well-Known Member

Interestingly.....

Waste Industries just called me, and also had Tommy from All-Star Waste on the call. They wanted to "clarify" why I didn't stay with Waste Industries after the All-Star buy-out. :?

2. tryingtomakeadifference

tryingtomakeadifference Active Member

We got rid of trash service as soon as All Star sold us out to Waste Industries. When my children were just toddlers I was loading them into the car to run errands and came out to see a WI employee PEEING in our cul-de-sac. Yep, you read that correctly. I called WI and made a complaint and will NEVER give them my business. So glad my kids were still young and didn't really question what we saw, I'd have had a lot of explaining to do otherwise!

Oh, and to top it off, when AS sold out to WI I cancelled service and they still billed us for a whole quarter. I refused to pay, saying I had written a letter to cancel and had turned in our trash can and they have now turned it over to collections. Nice people, eh?

3. lgb0250

lgb0250 Well-Known Member

Are there any independents still out there? Been through All Star and Kens and really would rather not be with WI anymore. Thanks.

4. Vinalexnc

Vinalexnc Well-Known Member

Independent sanitation business

Brocks Sanitation 919-779-8726.

5. tassy

tassy Well-Known Member

ABC Sanitation is still family run, they are run out of Clayton or Garner. We've been using them for 2 yrs. Almost the same price at WI, but the bonus is not having to deal with WI. :cheers:

6. roygolf

roygolf Well-Known Member

Best thing with the trash is to do it yourself (if you can) for $65/year. Glad I made the change last year to the Landfill.

7. Sdaanimal

Sdaanimal Well-Known Member

:iagree:

8. spy109

spy109 Well-Known Member

Yup that is what I do.

9. GarnerHome

GarnerHome Well-Known Member

Are they still in business? Their website is dead. Does this basically leave Brock's and waste industries

10. jlnederhoff

jlnederhoff Member

We went with republic services. Customer service much better than waste industries and a little cheaper.

11. GarnerHome

GarnerHome Well-Known Member

How much for republic trash service?