Gyms

Discussion in 'Discussion Group' started by tinnc, Sep 8, 2013.

1. tinnc

tinnc Active Member

Hi all,

I see some old threads on this, but was hoping for updated information. Is anyone a member of Fit For Life or other local gyms? Feedback on them? Price per month?

Thanks in advanace

2. singlemom2

singlemom2 Active Member

I drive to Planet Fitness (corner of Timber & Avesboro). I love it there. It's $20 month for the black card. That gives you all of the equipment, tanning, massage chairs & new hydro-beds. You can also bring a friend for free each visit. They also have a plan that is $10 month & that only includes the equipment. Love the "judgement free zone" atmosphere! I wish they were closer to 40/42. To me it's worth the drive tho.

3. KellBell

KellBell Well-Known Member

:iagree:

That's where I go too. I also like the hours and the showers. I go before work during the week (they are open 24-7 during the week). So it's convenient to go there, shower then head to Raleigh for work. Love the staff, love the facility.

4. tinnc

tinnc Active Member

Thanks singlemom2 and kellbel. I'm actually a member of Planet Fitness, but want to switch to something closer to home.

5. KellBell

I've looked around here and clayton. For me and what I want, nothing else compares around here. especially the price. Good Luck in your search.

6. tinnc

tinnc Active Member

I am finding that to be true for me too Kellbell. Thanks for the input!

7. bandmom

bandmom Well-Known Member

Have you looked at Fitness for Women on Cleveland sch rd, beside DanceArt?
    I've been going there for yrs and I like it, very convenient for me!

8. tinnc

tinnc Active Member

Bandmom, do they have a locker room and showers there?

9. HidesinOBX

HidesinOBX Well-Known Member

I have to agree, I have the 10.00 plan at Planet Fitness in Garner, love that place....go early and then off to work. I just get more bang for my buck there, plus, they always greet me by name... never had that happen with local Clayton gyms and I paid alot more.

Question about those massaging chairs there....have you ever used them them. Ive thought of upgrading, but wonder if they are worth the extra....ie?

10. bandmom

No, they do not, but for me, that's not a problem - I go right after work, then home.

11. KellBell

Massage chairs are good. And now they have the 'hydro-massage' bed. I hear they are fantastic. I use the tanning beds, which is why I get the black card.

12. Lucy

Lucy Well-Known Member

Fit For Life on 4042. Great people, great environment.

13. HidesinOBX

HidesinOBX Well-Known Member

I might switch to that card just for the hydro massage. It looks very cool!

14. bandmom

Heard on the radio this morning that Planet Fitness is having $1 membership sign-up on Mon, 9/16.

15. Prisspot

Prisspot Member

Great Place

Love it there! Always Clean and friendly.