Paved over rumble strip on I-40?

Discussion in 'Discussion Group' started by Harvey, Sep 9, 2013.

1. Harvey

Harvey Well-Known Member

Anyone else notice the new pavement on the shoulder of I-40 West? It looks like the old rumble strips were paved over for some reason.

2. CanisLupis

CanisLupis Banned

cool story bro

3. C me Now BMM

C me Now BMM Well-Known Member

Well considering I-40 west goes to Cally fornia lets maybe narrow down those thousands of miles to a certain area... is it where the rock slides were?

4. robbie

robbie Well-Known Member

yea, i did, and so while they were making them i decided to drive on the shoulder to see if they were rumble strips and YES they are, they woke me up right away.

5. Lucky1

Lucky1 Well-Known Member

Could be because the buses can drive on the shoulder in some areas? Just a guess.

6. C me Now BMM

We have a WINNER!!!! Ding ding ding dong. I'm shocked Amtrak Harvey didn't figure that one out, being its transportation related.

7. Harvey

Harvey Well-Known Member

Yeah, I figured you guys would know all about I-40 in California. This is posted on 4042.com. Tool.

Last edited: Sep 9, 2013
  8. Harvey

Harvey Well-Known Member

No. The long rumble strip is still there, but the old periodic ones have been recently paved over for some reason. Next time you're heading west from 4042 look and see. Not sure why they would have done this because it seems like a waste of asphalt unless there was a good reason for it.

9. Harvey

Harvey Well-Known Member

Right, because there are so many buses in our area. Tool.

Have you seen what I am talking about or not? If not, and given your intellectual challenges, you might want to refrain from commenting.

10. Lucky1

Lucky1 Well-Known Member

Then I have no idea...I was thinking of the airport area of 40.

11. markfnc

markfnc Well-Known Member

could still cover an area from I 95 (Benson) to I 85 (Hillsborough).

12. markfnc

From your original post, still no idea which part of 40.

13. Rockyv58

Rockyv58 Well-Known Member

When you get on I-40 at exit 312 heading west towards raleigh, Just as you pass over that first bridge. Starting there and ending at the entrance to the 70 bypass

14. Sherry A.

Sherry A. Well-Known Member

What company paved it and why didn't the DOT audit them?

Sherry

15. Rockyv58

Rockyv58 Well-Known Member

I think the DOT did it over the weekend. i got into bumper to bumper traffic on Saturday night on my way home from wake med. And I noticed it west bound on my way to wake med last night

16. C me Now BMM

Lol. Audit them? Why. Based on Amtrak Harvey's curiosity.
    Just so ya know its east bound also.

17. Harvey

Harvey Well-Known Member

Simple question, but I cannot believe some of you would be belligerently obstinate enough to think that I was inquiring about I-40 in California or anywhere more than 15 - 20 miles from 4042/Garner/Clayton area.

The bus thing might not have been far off. This could be for the sake of emergency vehicles. Although my first thought (wish) was for an eventual third lane.

18. markfnc

19. markfnc

20. markfnc

People at 40/42 do work in RTP. Thats is why I said from Benson to Hillsborough. If its RTP to Durham, it could be for bus lanes. If its I 440 to Wade Ave could be for temp lanes for that rework of exisiting paving project. If its near white oak it could have been the us 70/I 40 rework to get into white oak easier project. Lots of areas, lots of reasons. no need to be rude.

Last edited: Sep 10, 2013