Inflation?

Discussion in 'Discussion Group' started by kevinsmithii, Sep 11, 2013.

1. kevinsmithii

kevinsmithii Well-Known Member

Just a rant here. First of all I'm all for Capitalism and companies making a profit but: We only have one company to get our electric power from unless we come off the grid. I'm in an industry that has not given it workers a pay raise in 5 years.
    Just got my latest electric bill and it is 2% higher than last year but I used 13% less electricity. I don't mind Dike making some profit so they stay in business but ouch!! Those increases are well above inflation levels.

2. tukasiya

tukasiya Well-Known Member

To start with, Duke Power is going to pay for that merger by raising your electric rates. The Utilities Commission will fall right in line with them.

You can also thank the current legislature for more than doubling the state tax on your electric bill. "Replaces a current 3 percent franchise tax on electricity and piped natural gas with the 7 percent sales tax rate."

No need to tell you which political party controls the legislature now. You can really thank them next year in November.

3. Rockyv58

Rockyv58 Well-Known Member

Isn't our beloved (being facetious) governor still on the Duke energy board? Or at least has something to do with duke energy still?

4. Palisade

Palisade Well-Known Member

No, now he spends his tim in darkened, smoke filled rooms working with other 1%ers trying to figure out how to destroy civilization as we know it.

That's when he's not out eating dead babies. that is.

5. Rockyv58

Rockyv58 Well-Known Member

Sounds like "A Modest Proposal" to me :)

But all kidding aside, they have to pay their ceo and board members their high salaries and bonuses. Also got to pay their stock holders dividend. You really wouldn't expect these people to have to eat a box of mac and cheese would you?

Last edited: Sep 12, 2013
  6. C me Now BMM

C me Now BMM Well-Known Member

Yup, what has Pee wee Obama done with coal?

7. cynadon

cynadon Well-Known Member

I've got a buddy who hauls super loads (greater than 80,000 lbs). Obama has killed his business because of coal. He still moves stuff, but not to power plants.

8. cynadon

cynadon Well-Known Member

nuclear is forever bad, mkay. coal pollutes, mkay. blocking rivers is bad, mkay. fracking pollutes water, mkay. How do I charge my golf cart?

9. Sherry A.

Sherry A. Well-Known Member

Under George W. Bush, the price of gasoline increased from $1.60 per gallon when he took office in January 2001 to $4.40 per gallon in July 2008, a jump of 275 percent. What's it done under Obama?

Sherry

10. C me Now BMM

Umm you do know power plants don't run off gasoline don't you... Geez

11. Sherry A.

Sherry A. Well-Known Member

More so than you know anything about foreign policy and how it works. Just giving an example of inflation above.

Sherry

12. C me Now BMM

Right.. on that time will tell.

Stay on topic at hand... increase in electricity.. not gas..

if you want to discuss gas,, start your own thread on gas

13. Sdaanimal

Sdaanimal Well-Known Member

...and political debates should be posted in the "Political Pit". Not everyone likes to read about how the President gets blamed for everything.

14. C me Now BMM

good don't read it..

15. Sdaanimal

Sdaanimal Well-Known Member

small wonder people do not post like they used to on this forum anymore. It is disheartening to always get either trashed, or stressed because politics and religion seem to end up in just about every conversation and little anonymous people feel the need to criticize ones that do not agree. Interesting how some people on here are allowed to post whatever they want with no rude commentary, but others get jumped on. I still haven't figured out how to join the clique. Oh well....no loss on my part, as I do have a life other than on the internet. Not really meant to offend, but it is what it is. :neutral:

16. C me Now BMM

I didn't trash you or jump on you. Just responded rather nicely.
    Inflation = politics more times than not.
    Just relax and don't be so sensitive. It'll be alright.

17. Palisade

Personally, I wouldn't want to join any club who would have me as a member.

18. Palisade

http://gasbuddy.com/gb_retail_price_chart.aspx

Last edited: Sep 12, 2013
  19. CanisLupis

CanisLupis Banned

water always finds its level.....when the gubmint prints money

20. CanisLupis

CanisLupis Banned

what's the deficit done under the magic mooslum?