Looking for tree service

Discussion in 'Discussion Group' started by Concerned Person, Sep 12, 2013.

1. Concerned Person

Concerned Person Well-Known Member

Hello,

Looking for someone or a company that can trim some trees up at our church. The church is located on Little Creek Ch Road in Clayton. In advance, thanks for any suggestions.

2. WadeCorbett

WadeCorbett Well-Known Member

I've used A+ Tree Service several times (large and small jobs) and have had good experiences so far. 919-854-0020

3. HidesinOBX

HidesinOBX Well-Known Member

4. WadeCorbett

WadeCorbett Well-Known Member

I tried to use Herman's Tree Service twice. Both times he didn't show up to our scheduled time for an estimate.

5. trident2

trident2 Well-Known Member

We used Arbormax tree service to remove 13 large trees from our home. They were the most reasonably priced out of all the tree companies we spoke with as well as the best equipped to handle our job.

The owner is a 3rd or 4th generation Arborist.

http://www.arbormaxtree.com/
    919-412-6790

6. lgb0250

lgb0250 Well-Known Member

Says you! I've used him three separate times and he does great work. Shows up when he says he will and does exactly what he's hired to do. Great person to deal with.

7. Sherry A.

Sherry A. Well-Known Member

8. hfa6368

hfa6368 Member

The Better Business Bureau disagrees with you!

9. HidesinOBX

HidesinOBX Well-Known Member

It's odd when a local contactor pulls a no show...thats happened to me too with powerwashers. David was completely different with us.

10. lgb0250

You need to understand what you're talking about before coming on a public message board and slandering an individual and his business.

According to the BBB website Tommy Hicks has had no complaints filed against him! The site says "This business is not BBB accredited". Doesn't mean he's done anything wrong except not PAY them to become accredited!! Here's a story about what paying them can get you!! http://abcnews.go.com/Blotter/business-bureau-best-ratings-money-buy/t/story?id=12123843

This comes directly off of the BBB site:

"BBB accreditation does not mean that the business’ products or services have been evaluated or endorsed by BBB, or that BBB has made a determination as to the business’ product quality or competency in performing services.

Businesses are under no obligation to seek BBB accreditation, and some businesses are not accredited because they have not sought BBB accreditation."

Tommy Hicks Tree Service has had no complaints filed with the BBB according to the BBB.

There are many small local businesses that just aren't willing to pay a fee so some idiot can look it up before doing business with them! Another local company that's not accredited is Brennan's Fence and Deck Installations. Doesn't mean they are a bad company either. Quite the contrary. Most people here, including me, speak very highly of them. A great family owned and operated business.

Like I said, next time you decide to come on a public message board and slander a local business you might want to get your facts straight ahead of time.

11. C me Now BMM

C me Now BMM Well-Known Member

Maybe a scorned lover. Lol.

12. dietz4ibanez

dietz4ibanez Well-Known Member

This is nothing but spam or a false notification.

I've seen customers of his put signs in their yards for long periods of time like at Old drug store. They put up 4 signs saying: "Thanks you Tommy Hicks" they also had a sign with his phone number. His business has done nothing but shown growth and expansion.

I have personally used him on the of my 8 of my jobs and refer him to all of my customers. My neighbor also uses him for his jobs.

I know the guy personally and he is a wonderful person. He has a wife and kids and he does the best at what he does to support them.

The only crook is you!

13. Grammie

Grammie Well-Known Member

Could I please have Tommy Hicks' number? I need some trees removed and I would like to get three quotes. TIA

14. lgb0250

Phone: (919) 266-5176
    Mobile: (919) 801-4020

15. mgzd

mgzd Well-Known Member

I recently contacted David Herman, Tommy Hicks and Lineberger's Tree Service for quotes.
    Mr Hicks was quick to reply and first to stop by;
    Lineberger's was a tad slow to get it together and then when they finally came over, they hit me with a quote that almost made me faint it was so high.
    As far as David Herman, I still haven't heard from him. I don't understand why so many businesses don't respond when you are trying to hire them.

After all that, Mr Hicks would be my pick, but we still want a third quote before we decide.

We're not going to even bother going local, we're going to contact S & W out of Pikeville.
    They have come highly recommended from a neighbor.

To be continued.....

16. bissielizzie

bissielizzie Well-Known Member

We second Arbormax and if you go their website they mention church work.