Boy scout stuff @ GI Joe's Army Surplus??

Discussion in 'Discussion Group' started by 2not2, Sep 16, 2013.

1. 2not2

2not2 Well-Known Member

The Boy Scout website lists GI Joe's as a distributor, but does anyone know if they have all the gear and books or just the uniform shirts/pants, etc?

And...does anyone know if they are less expensive than driving down to the Tuscarora shop @ Goldsboro?

2. Kelyel

Kelyel Well-Known Member

GI Joe's on US70 in Clayton usually has all the gear you will need...

Go Waist Up for Cub Scouts. Belt, Shirt, Neckerchief, Slide & Hat. (the last 3 are rank/grade/color specific) Tiger, Bear, Wolf, then Webelos -2 years. That is Orange, Yellow, Light blue & then Webelos plaid. {checking my memory on that}

We found the prices to be in line with the Raleigh scout store. (Atlantic Avenue) For us this was far closer than the Tuscarora Store in Goldsboro.

Also there is usually a GREAT DEAL of Scout Gear on Craig's List -- at MUCH better prices! Shop Around!

3. 2not2

2not2 Well-Known Member

Thanks...that helps a lot! I know that GI Joe's doesn't open until 10am to ask about the book, etc. and I can't wait that late to leave if I need to go to Goldsboro.

4. DontCareHowYouDoItInNY

DontCareHowYouDoItInNY Well-Known Member

I don't know the answer to your question, but there used to be a scout shop on Atlantic Ave in Raleigh, near Highwoods. I was well stocked. I have no idea if it is still there.

5. CraigSPL

CraigSPL Well-Known Member

most of my Scout stuff came from the Hudson Belk in Smithfield....if that is telling you my age a bit.