McKinley's SUCKS

Discussion in 'Discussion Group' started by ImTheNormal0ne, Sep 16, 2013.

1. C me Now BMM

C me Now BMM Well-Known Member

Did you buy them a plunger,,

2. CanisLupis

CanisLupis Banned

mystery water?

3. CraigSPL

CraigSPL Well-Known Member

I know a few I'd call hippies that go there but not many of them.

4. Sherry A.

Sherry A. Well-Known Member

Always knew you were full of crap. :jester:

Sherry

5. HidesinOBX

HidesinOBX Well-Known Member

I don't particularly care for the place. I have worked in the restaurant/bar business in the past, so I do know how to tip. I also know how to treat a customer. I sat at the bar one night and ordered a round of Fireballs. I asked them if they carried that brand of cinnamon whiskey and they said yes. So, I ordered 5 of them, and was given this red crap that was a cinnamon schnapps, not Fireball. I said something to the waitron and she flipped out. I told her that we didn't care for cinnamon schnaps, we wanted the Fireball. I thought they handled the whole thing very unprofessionally and given the snide comments from the staff there, I will never go back. Needless to say, we ended up paying for something we didn't order. It will get the best of them one day. Clayton is growing and they won't be one of the few acts in town one day.

6. fizzco

fizzco Well-Known Member

at first, I found this to be an interesting thread, until I rwad this post.

so which one is it, you where asked to leave because you're a bad tipper?
    then, you believe it was racial motivated?
    seriously?

I've heard of Mckinley's and onlu heard of good things but haven't had a chance to go.

I,ve been in the service indutry for a long time, in retail, as a hostess, as a server......

when you work in this industry, you remember your customers.

if you're a bad tipper, and they see you coming, no one would be interested in serving you that's for sure.

servers are far from perfect; and have lives, and stuff.

servers only get paid $2.13 so leave them some bucks, and please as a courtesy not in change!

but folks like you, that just dump and blast bu!! about your experience are bu!!.

if you're a bad tipper, based on your original post, I'll stick with that!
    you probably are a bad tipper.
    I just wish I had the guts to do the same to some of my customers that disservice me, when I haven't disserviced them!!

do everyone a favor in your local community, become a better tipper, and leave your anxieties about your interacial marriage at the door cause no one actually cares!!

7. CraigSPL

How about people tip for the service they get. Doesn't matter if you make $2.13 an hour and $23.00 an hour I'm going to tip on the service I get. For years me and the wife spent quite a bit in there each month and were regulars and by regulars I mean 4-5 times a week we were in there and watched how they treated other people. Then it came time for us to be treated the same way for what ever reason, and it wasn't because we didn't tip well. Haven't been back since.

Last edited: Sep 16, 2013
  8. tassy

tassy Well-Known Member

It seemed more to me that they were asked to leave under the guise of being bad tippers to cover the racial aspect.

We too were good tippers, for almost 8 years, until one of the bartenders was off duty, and trashed and way out of line. They don't appreciate the patronage and I wouldn't suggest anyone waste their money there. It doesn't matter to them, they are always right and the customer is always wrong. Just look them up on Google and read the reviews on places like Yahoo, City Search, etc. It obvious the employees write some of the 5 star reviews, the bad reviews are much more entertaining to read.

9. ImTheNormal0ne

ImTheNormal0ne Well-Known Member

first of all then you didnt read it well I am not a bad tipper. adn especially after a few drinks.. i tend to tip more then necessary then. I dont even go out if i dont have enough for what i plan on getting plus a decent tip. it was racially motivated have others there to back me up from thier experience. Do not presume because they used that excuse that i was. I am not a regular there I only go from time to time and have only been 3 times in 6-7 months at most. I have no anxieties about my ionteracial marraige cause it isnt interracial it is a marraige between two people who love each other race has nothing to do with it. I just voiced my opinion about a bar that i have went to both as a single woman and a married woman and until i got married i had no issues with it. I can tell the difference in the atmosphere now compared to when i was single and have heard other repeat the same story to me as i have told here. they cant kick you out for being black so they use the tip excuse. well thats discrimination also because no matter what they make its thier job to serve the people who come in. but i have never not left a very good tip there its a shame i never used my debit card cause then i would have proof but its whatever cause people like you assume what you want anyhow.

10. ImTheNormal0ne

I totally agree if you know you only make 2.13 an hour and want to make the difference up in tips then be the best waitress you can be....

11. ImTheNormal0ne

It was under that guise, after it happened to us many of my friends have said they have had same issues using the same excuses as they used with us. it isnt anything new they use the you are a "bad tipper" to weed out who they dont want in there.

12. CanisLupis

CanisLupis Banned

I don't believe that to be true. They are in there to make money not make friends. I think the only color they care about is Green.

13. Palisade

Palisade Well-Known Member

By that logic, no business owner is racist.

Yet we know some are.

14. CanisLupis

CanisLupis Banned

Certainly.....but I'm in there enough and close enough to some of the staff to know that isn't the case in there.

When I was in college, I worked in a restaurant (steakhouse) and remember the wait staff cringing when certain people came in there. It's part of the gig because they typically know who is going to tip and who isn't. It doesn't just happen at McKinley's.

15. ImTheNormal0ne

there are many businesses that this is to be true. sorry to hurt your feelings that your beloved mckinleys is one of them. to make money you want people to come back and spread the word of the wonderful service they have. you have a friendly atmosphere that makes someone WANT to come back and bring thier friends. I haven't seen that in McKinleys in YEARS!!! What I have seen is a declining business that wants only who they want in there.

16. CanisLupis

CanisLupis Banned

Look....I'm not offended by what you are saying about the place. I just happen to know some of the people that work there due to my going there for years. I hear them talk smack about the patrons being sorry or bad tippers...but I have NEVER heard any of them use any kind of racist verbiage. Are they perfect? No. I just get sick and tired of people playing the race card at the drop of a hat.

Hell, I was in there last night for the game and heard one of the employees raising hell about something a customer did or said. I immediately thought of this thread. :lol:

17. spy109

spy109 Well-Known Member

My wife and I went there one and night and had a decent time. The older waitress was rather grouchy and pretty much hung out at one of the tables the hole time and avoided us as much as possible. So I didn't tip her. She earned it. I did tip the pregnant receptionist who seated us. She was Hispanic and very nice and even got us drinks one time while we were ignored by the grouchy old white waitress. I highly doubt the place is racist or anyone there is... probably just "members only" type attitudes and living in JoCo I have seen this a lot. You know the type.... "You're not from round here boy?"

Not racist they just don't like all the new ppl.

18. ImTheNormal0ne

LOL i am not new lived in clayton all my life. I have been there back in the day when they had bands more then once. they just dont like what dont fit thier criteria ok thats still discrimination...

19. HidesinOBX

HidesinOBX Well-Known Member

Good and bad wait staff get stiffed every now and again. It's happens to the best of us. In most DECENT establishments, you'll get your arse fired for telling a customer you won't wait on them because they are crummy tippers. In fact, you really shouldn't say anything, though, I have seen waitresses ask a regular customer (not at McKinleys) if their service was good, and if it was, why did they not tip, or under tip every time they come in. It can be done diplomatically. I have seen wait staff at McKinley's yell it at a customer.

20. CraigSPL

I've personally seen a couple of them chase people out into the parking lot if they didn't think they were tipped enough.

But I guess that happens everywhere :roll: