Mannings Restaurant downtown

Discussion in 'Discussion Group' started by Judge Smails, Sep 24, 2013.

1. Judge Smails

Judge Smails Well-Known Member

I've noticed that a Manning's Restaurant has been under construction in downtown Clayton for quite some time, and a sign on the front says Opening 2013.

Anyone know any more about this? Opening date? Type of restaurant, etc.?

2. tassy

tassy Well-Known Member

They passed out sample menus at Harvest Festival, its a nice looking menu. They are also going to have a dining area on the rooftop. The owner is a great chef!!

3. bosoxfan

bosoxfan Well-Known Member

We spoke with the owner at the Harvest Festival on Saturday. He's hoping to open in January - looks like a casual menu.

I think it is a former employee at McKinley's that is opening it.

4. tassy

tassy Well-Known Member

He was the former chef at McKinleys, and before that he worked in one of the finer dining restaurants in downtown Raleigh. He also used to do catering and offered cooking classes, not sure if he still does those or not. His specials that he used to make at McKinleys were really really good!

5. roca1216

roca1216 Well-Known Member

where can you see the menu? Does he have a website?

6. Judge Smails

Thanks for all the info. If anyone can post that sample menu, or find a link to it (I've had no luck thus far), it'd be appreciated. And any other info is appreciated. :)

7. Harvey

Harvey Well-Known Member

I have no idea, but I love your screen name. How would you like to mow my lawn? Mmmmm?

8. DontCareHowYouDoItInNY

DontCareHowYouDoItInNY Well-Known Member

Here's the obligatory "Once this opens, McKinleys has seen the last of me" post.

Now that is out of the way, is this Howards place? He made a difference at McKinleys. If its him, I'm definitely looking forward to it.

9. tassy

tassy Well-Known Member

10. tassy

tassy Well-Known Member

This is Howards place!

:hurray:

11. DontCareHowYouDoItInNY

Thanks, just liked his FB page.
    On Mapquest it looks to be over near the old Pittmans jewelers, but I cant picture a restaurant over there. What building is it in?

12. tassy

tassy Well-Known Member

It used to be an old auction house, if you are looking at Pittmans Jewelers from the street, its a few doors to the right. Its kind of painted an aqua-lt. green color. There are signs in the window with the Mannings Restaurant logo. Its also right across from the dirt lot where people park for Jones's and the Flipside.

13. Lucky1

Lucky1 Well-Known Member

Liked the facebook page! Is this the same guy who sold the rub and sauce at the square when they used to have the Saturday market there? My son's band played there one Saturday all day and we talked to a man and I think it was his wife? They had samples and we bought the sauce and the rub. Good folks and good food! Looking forward to a new restaurant to try!!! :cheers:

14. tassy

tassy Well-Known Member

It could be, he set up every other weekend last year during the market, and his wife sold tutu's for little girls that she made. The sauces and rub he sells with the label Swamp Fox on them. My husband made sure to find them this past weekend and got me two containers of the rub!

15. Judge Smails

Thanks,

So does that make you my new friend, Mr. Schlolarship winner? Hmmm? Hmmm?

16. tassy

tassy Well-Known Member

17. DontCareHowYouDoItInNY

Harold? I thought his name was Howard...

18. C me Now BMM

C me Now BMM Well-Known Member

19. Smudger

Smudger Well-Known Member

Howard is also Howard and Harold in the article
    either way, I hope they do well in downtown Clayton!

20. barney726

barney726 Well-Known Member

mannings on main

will mannings on main ever open? their facebook page now indicates they are once again interviewing for employees. we have been anticipating the opening of this new restaurant in downtown clayton for over a year. anyone know if/when it will open?