BCBS health insurance renewals

Discussion in 'Discussion Group' started by Harvey, Sep 25, 2013.

1. Cleopatra

Cleopatra Well-Known Member

I just discovered my insurance carrier withdrew it's application to participate in the Exchange.

2. Wayne Stollings

Wayne Stollings Well-Known Member

The BCBS group plan I provide is not ACA compliant, but it can be renewed with an increase of 6.8% if I choose to do so now. We can go to an ACA compliant plan which has not been mapped out for me yet with an increase estimate of 6.9%. The final option is to look at individual plans for each of the employees. This is the lowest straight renewal increase I have seen in years as it is generally double digit.

3. Wayne Stollings

It is the executive branch which is tasked with implimentation/enforcement of the laws enacted by Congress, which would be the job of the chief executive.

4. bosoxfan

bosoxfan Well-Known Member

It's so bad, that even most of the insurance companies don't want anything to do with it. BCBS will be the only company with statewide coverage, and Coventry will be offering it in only 39 counties. If nothing else, the UCA has eliminated most of the competition.

5. HidesinOBX

HidesinOBX Well-Known Member

For what it's worth, there were some fairly good articles in the Sunday paper yesterday. The one in the Money section was via the Wallstreet Journal. I still have lots of questions, as do so many others. They say to sit tight. New info is coming out everyday.

6. Wayne Stollings

There still seems to be a lot of confusion over what is and is not part of the system:

7. CanisLupis

CanisLupis Banned

8. Pirate96

Pirate96 Guest

No confusion! The Federal government can not force me to purchase health care!

9. tukasiya

tukasiya Well-Known Member

No, but they can impose a fine on you and then garnish your wages if you do not pay. Remember what the Fram Filter man said.

10. Pirate96

Pirate96 Guest

You meant to say they can tax you! Yeah they do enough of that all ready!

Still can not force someone to participate in health insurance. Perhaps it violates my religious beliefs! Perhaps it violates my right to life, liberty, and the pursuit of happiness.

Over 242 years ago some brave North Carolinan's paid the Ultimate price when they stood up to tyranny. Many credit the Regulator War as being the catalyst of the American Revolution. Perhaps once again North Carolina will be the epicenter of true change!

11. Wayne Stollings

True, they can penalize you for not having health insurance but they cannot force you to purchase it. I wonder how that would work if the laws requiring hospitals to provide care were written to reflect that choice?

12. Pirate96

Pirate96 Guest

Glad to see we agree. Now taxing someone for not participating in something is wrong.

We do not punish someone for not participating in a religion or for not standing and removing their hat for the National Anthem. There should be no national health insurance with forced participation.

It is wrong to penalize someone for not doing something. The only harm to not participating in health care is too themselves.

People would die! There should be no guarantee that you will be treated.

13. CanisLupis

CanisLupis Banned

If there is anything good about this bill....and I do mean if.....is the fact the IRS will garnish wages. But of course there will be more loopholes in that rule than can be found at an amusement park.

14. Pirate96

Pirate96 Guest

The fallacy is that you will have wages to garnish! The same people will continue to take and not contribute and the ones that provide will have more stolen.

There is nothing good that can come from an increase in the IRS.

15. Wayne Stollings

Not according to the USSC

Not even close to being similar.

There is no forced participation. You can pay the penalty and not participate.

No, it impacts everyone in the system.

There you go, ask them to change the law, do not get insurance, have a life threatening event, die, and you will be happy to never have participated in your whole life.

16. Pirate96

Pirate96 Guest

You love to try and nitpick every thread..... I am not going to participate.

Bottom line is the Federal Government mandating participation in health Insurance is wrong and goes against the Constitution of the United States.

I don't care what the Democrats, Republicans, the US Supreme Court, or any politician for that matter says that is my personal belief.

There was a day people stood up for their convictions, perhaps soon enough some will have the courage to do the same again.

17. Wayne Stollings

You may believe whatever you wish, however your belief does not make it factual. The USSC ruling does make it in fact constituational.

You assume they do not, which is another belief which is not tied to reality.

18. Pirate96

Pirate96 Guest

The reality is that it is my belief. We both have one and no matter what there is not a government that can change mine!

Perhaps one day the Stars and Stripes will once again fly in a free country!

19. CanisLupis

CanisLupis Banned

Agree

20. CanisLupis

CanisLupis Banned

I believe it only became Constitutional because they deemed it a tax.....after they first said it wasn't a tax.