BCBS health insurance renewals

Discussion in 'Discussion Group' started by Harvey, Sep 25, 2013.

1. Pirate96

Pirate96 Guest

To get the thread back where it was intended

BCBSNC HSA that they are ending. They have graciously switched to a "similiar" plan.

Only will cost an extra $500 per month.

Decision time for the sheep......will it be the House payment or Health Insurance Payment and try to squeeze some groceries in this month.

Spells a disaster for the economy!

2. Wayne Stollings

Wayne Stollings Well-Known Member

I was just reminded that I missed this. One of the larger errors involved prescription. The tier 5 drugs had NO indication of a separate deductible in the plan prospectus and they applied one, which was very significant, when the perscriptions were filled. When it was discussed with the phone help desk, they could find no mention of it either nor why there was such a significant charge. It was later discovered the application of a few of the benefits were not as described, thus our plan was modified from the sales description after the fact.

3. Tardevil

Tardevil Well-Known Member

For those out there with "grandfathered" BCBS plans, have you received your premium notice yet? We have not.

4. Wayne Stollings

Wayne Stollings Well-Known Member

I suppose you would like to ask my agent about the whole situation to get the confirmation?

5. Sherry A.

Sherry A. Well-Known Member

Since the costs for the ACA just came out less than hour ago I'll wait and see the facts. You used to be about that. What happened to you? You are going off all half cocked about everything that this Administration is doing.

Sherry

6. Sherry A.

Sherry A. Well-Known Member

Don't kiss up to Pirate. You are as rightwing as they come. As Republican as they come. Don't try and play both sides.

Sherry

7. C me Now BMM

C me Now BMM Well-Known Member

Why not? Not everyone here blindly follows like you.. partisan honker

8. ddrdan

ddrdan Well-Known Member

I could have told you this when the plan passed?

It's an inevitable dying industries way of getting what they can before they have to drop their drawers to compete. Use 2 years of propaganda to denounce the health care act to the point people won't even look at it. Then bleed the people who were reluctant to educate themselves on what their options are. Sign them up for one last year, just before the deadline, and at gouging rates. Once they learn they have been taken, who cares, I got your money and you're pinned to a term commitment.

Specific get in and get out periods, doctor "networks", prescriptions here but no prescriptions there, etc... "Sign up now or lose, I take brand 'x' but I won't take brand 'z'??" It's a store bought collusion that's about to come to it's knees to compete.

All I can say is people need to explore every option before giving your wallet away. And quit looking at just the surface of things if you'd like to keep your wallet.

9. ddrdan

ddrdan Well-Known Member

I'm really glad to here the plan will hit one of it's intended targets. Families who feel the need for coverage, can't really afford it, but at least carry the best they can afford. Of course, none of the nay say'ers are commenting on your post because it would shed light on the morality of their real opinion and agenda.

This is an understatement: "the healthcare system in this country is COMPLETELY SCREWED UP" .... Where else do you go in for repairs without knowing an approximate cost and leave paying whatever the bill says? That alone put's it at the top of the "SCREWED UP" list.

If you really want to screw with their heads ... next time you seek health care write on the bottom of your admittance papers, somewhere in the middle pages, "I want all procedures itemized individually and approved before you proceed." Then initial it. They never review those pages in their mumbo jumbo legally infested paperwork. All they want to see is that signature line that commits you.

Wait until just before you get care and request a copy. If they balk at that, it's a contract you signed and they accepted, they legally owe you a copy at the time of signing. When you're leaving and get the bill show them your note on the contract.

Ever seen ants scramble to rebuild a broken hill? That's what the billing office looks like when you do it.:lol::lol: If you can't beat em, join em at their own game.

10. CanisLupis

CanisLupis Banned

Imagine you not understanding anything. I've been saying for months that I'm becoming more Libertarian by the day.

I was one of the few conservatives on here standing up for the gays. Once again....you fail.

11. CanisLupis

CanisLupis Banned

I agree with this....but the way to correct is NOT to force a bloated government program down our throats. The way to correct it is to simplify the patient-doctor relationship. Duh.

12. sassymom

sassymom Well-Known Member

Not yet, think I might have to call and see what ours is going up to!!

13. Pirate96

Pirate96 Guest

I have been intentionally silent on this moron that currently occupies the White House. His agenda has always been clear to me. Bigger government and more redistribution of wealth.

It is the same mantra for every occupant of the White House since the first President Bush. Even President Reagan succumbed to increasing the size of the Federal government, but I would gladly take his outlook and actions over what we have seen over the last 25 years.

As with the Wolf.... I am becoming more Libertarian in my views and I do not need to check facts or costs to know that there is no way the Federal government can morally require me to purchase health insurance or fine/tax me.

You refuse to understand that it is an infringement against personal rights and choice!

14. Pirate96

Pirate96 Guest

Please be aware the reports from people that have tried. If you manage to get in touch with them they are most likely going to take your name and number and call you back due to volume.

15. bosoxfan

bosoxfan Well-Known Member

If you have an online account with BCBSNC you can log on and see the new rates.

16. bosoxfan

bosoxfan Well-Known Member

Apparently, Coventry is not including Johnston County in the 39 counties where they're offering coverage, so BCBSNC is our only option. :evil: :banghead:

17. Pirate96

Pirate96 Guest

And all we have to do is look to Duke/Progress to know how that will end for individuals.

Government created Monopolies are the hardest to break up.

18. CanisLupis

CanisLupis Banned

FirstCarolinaCare bailed too....they wanted no part of this **** in a punchbowl.

19. ddrdan

ddrdan Well-Known Member

It wouldn't haveto be corrected if we could count on the moral decisions of corporations. But we can't. And WYSIWYG because of that.

20. Palisade

Palisade Well-Known Member

So, you count on the moral decisions from government bureaucrats?