Septic Tank Help

Discussion in 'Discussion Group' started by baseballer, Oct 13, 2013.

1. baseballer

baseballer Active Member

Found hole in the back yard with water in it. I think the pipe needs replaced. Help near the Four Oaks area. Need advice & help please!!

2. WadeCorbett

WadeCorbett Well-Known Member

Stallings Septic is who I prefer to use. (919) 779-1074

Do you know where your septic access is? Have you tried lifting the lid and checking the level of the sludge?

You can normally call down to the department of health and obtain the original permit of your septic. Which will show where your septic system is, if you're not sure.

3. jesse82nc

jesse82nc Well-Known Member

x2 for Stallings. $275 is what I think they charge to pump and inspect a septic tank FYI. Or maybe it was $375, either way, not much for something you only need to do every 5-10 years depending on how many people live in your house. And it's always good to hear how good or bad you are doing at maintaining it so you know how long you can go next time between pumpings.

4. Bluewillow

Bluewillow Well-Known Member

I highly recommend Hardee's (919-772-6482). Very prompt response, excellent service. Michelle, if you see this, thanks very much for the recommendation!

5. jesse82nc

jesse82nc Well-Known Member

x3 for Stallings. They are great. $275 sounds right. Had them out last year. They said I was good for 7-10 years at least. But it's just me and my girlfriend.

6. Bluewillow

Bluewillow Well-Known Member

Oh, forgot this.... Septic tanks probably have two tanks that need to be pumped if the house was built after 1982 or something like that. There's a filter to clean, and a pump..... I learned a lot about septic systems.

7. C me Now BMM

C me Now BMM Well-Known Member

Not all have the pumps. A lot are gravity drained.

8. michelle

michelle Well-Known Member

x2 for Hardee's. Great service, fair price.

9. sirputz

sirputz Well-Known Member

I agree, Hardee's is great! Taught me all I needed to know, and recommended for a family of 4 (now it's 5) for it to get pumped every 1 1/2 to 2 years. We had it pumped and a new T put on. Driver educated me and gave me papers to show me exactly everything I needed to know.
    Very prompt service, and the next day, they were at my neighbors.