local channels

Discussion in 'Discussion Group' started by Rockyv58, Oct 17, 2013.

1. Rockyv58

Rockyv58 Well-Known Member

I noticed local channels had been pulled off of my time warner dvr box. Missing at least WRAL, WUNC, WABC but they are still on my other sets. And I dvr the this old house shows on weekends.

2. Jean S

Jean S Well-Known Member

DISH lost NBC a couple of weeks ago. Contract price dispute. Hoping they get it settled so I can get my NBC shows back soon.

3. Wayne Stollings

Wayne Stollings Well-Known Member

Time Warner is in the process of converting some transnissions to digital only, which may be part of the problem here. They will provide a converter for up to 4 TVs per house at no charge until something like 2014.

4. Wayne Stollings

5. bosoxfan

bosoxfan Well-Known Member

I have had the same thing happen a couple times over the last few weeks. Call TWC or start an on-line chat and have them refresh your signal to your box. Once they've done that, you will need to reboot the box.

6. bosoxfan

This should not have anything to do with the digital conversion. The issue is with channels getting dropped on the box, which should already support the digital signals.

7. Rockyv58

Rockyv58 Well-Known Member

I called TWC and they said there was a problem in the area and they were working on it.

8. bosoxfan

Sounds like BS. If they were working on something, I doubt if would just drop the local channels from the box & guide - it would be more like a total outage. I would recommend calling back and tell them that you need them to refresh your signal, or do it through the on-line chat feature (that's what I did, and they did what I asked).

9. Wayne Stollings

It should support them but with changes being undertaken there is the possibility of some incompatibility. I lost AMC for a couple of weeks and the technician had no idea what happened or why it fixed itself when he was trying to do a diagnostic. They had already reset the box twice to no avail.

10. nomad

nomad Member

Yes, do this. Same thing happened to us.