Halloween Ideas

Discussion in 'Discussion Group' started by Sherry A., Oct 18, 2013.

1. Sherry A.

Sherry A. Well-Known Member

Oh yummy!!!! lol

[​IMG]

2. Sherry A.

3. BobF

BobF Well-Known Member

Who Ya Gonna Call?

...or you could find some real ghosts!

For a few years my family lived in an old (+150 years) farmhouse in Sampson County near Newton Grove (long and boring story there). We loved a lot of the history of the place, and my wife took an interest in photographing some of the buidlings on the stead. She took thousands of pictures, and over 99% of them were...well...regular pictures. But every once in a while, some of the nighttime pictures would appear a bit 'odd'. (I was going to resize the photos to a smaller size but I left them at their original size in the hope that it might help someone explain to me what it was being photographed here. The pictures were all taken with a cheap Fuji 1.3 megapixel digital camera.)

For instance, there was an old tobacco barn on the place that we thought was pretty picturesque. But when pictures of it were taken at night, we saw some interesting 'artifacts' in the photos. The bright spot on the barn was probably just a reflection from the flash, but that 'misty' artifact in the foreground...?

[​IMG]

Other nights, it was even more pronounced:

[​IMG]

No, no one was smoking any cigarettes, and no, we never actually saw anything when the pictures were being taken. No fog or mist, either. We only noticed the anomolies when we transferred the pictures to the PC.

[​IMG]

Up close and personal:

[​IMG]

One night our cat started acting especially 'weird'...howling and pouncing on invisible prey. It was so odd that we thought we would try to take some pictures of him 'acting up'. It was only later that we saw what we THINK he saw in the field:

[​IMG]

Some of the pictures even seem to look a bit 'people-like':

[​IMG]

...and there were even a few times that we took some pictures of the "things" that were in the house!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Now, let me assure you that I don't believe in ghosts, and I have no idea why some of these pictures showed these 'artifacts'. But seeing how Halloween is just around the corner, I thought it would be fun to pass these along, and maybe someone with more knowledge about digital photography than myself can offer a rational explanation.

...then again, it's always fun this time of year having some fun pretending that 'we are not alone'! 8)

4. Hught

Hught Well-Known Member

5. Sherry A.

Halloween Meatloaf:

[​IMG]

6. CanisLupis

CanisLupis Banned

sherry should dress up as an intellectual.....nobody will recognize her.

7. Wayne Stollings

Wayne Stollings Well-Known Member

“Intellect is invisible to the man who has none”
    Arthur Schopenhauer

8. Wayne Stollings

Wayne Stollings Well-Known Member

The outdoor pictures look like the "mist" is different. Could it have been chilly enough for some condensation of exhaled breath?

The indoor pictures could be due to a finger being close to the flash and causing the effect from the reflected light pattern.

Just some thoughts.

9. Rockyv58

Rockyv58 Well-Known Member

10. Sherry A.

You should dress up as a nice man. Nobody would ever recognize you as either.

How about we keep this to some clean Halloween stuff, Canis.

Sherry

PirateGirl likes this.
  11. CanisLupis

CanisLupis Banned

I thought it was a great suggestion.

12. Sherry A.

13. Sherry A.

I need some recipe ideas for something easy and cheap to fix to take to work for Halloween. Anybody?

Also looking for ideas on a Halloween costume for me. <no snide remarks please> I have a bunch of women and mens hats at the house and a Nixon mask but not sure what I can do with all of that. I just want to throw something together quickly.

Sherry

14. CanisLupis

CanisLupis Banned

why dont you ask the commies that send you email chains

15. Sherry A.

Maybe I'll go as an old angry man who cannot debate, ya' know about that. Nah, think I'll have some fun.

Sherry

16. Hught

Hught Well-Known Member

In my drinking days I put on a white trash bag and had spaghetti noddles and other stuff hanging out around the top - Poor White Trash (not so politically correct).

Had a roommate that wrapped himself up in tin foil - went as a stash of hash

17. Sherry A.

Both of those ideas are hilarious. I'd better not go as either. My friend's daughter went with a group of teens one years and they put kitchen pots on their heads. When I answered the door I asked what they were and they said "we're pot heads". Had to give them candy as I couldn't stop laughing.

Sherry

18. Rockyv58

Rockyv58 Well-Known Member

about a dozen years ago i went to a halloween party dressed as the train conductor from the saturday morning schoolhouse rock cartoon 'conjunction junction" I just wore a pair of overalls a work short, neckerchief and my train conductors cap.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ODGA7ssL-6g

granted its not a great picture
    [​IMG]

19. HidesinOBX

HidesinOBX Well-Known Member

20. Sherry A.