Propane for gas logs

Discussion in 'Discussion Group' started by UWISH, Oct 20, 2013.

1. UWISH

UWISH Well-Known Member

Does anyone have any insight on who to use to have my personal tank refilled? I have had Amerigas for the last 9 years and decided not just purchase a tank after they failed miserably at customer service. Also, any thoughts on a good price per gallon would be appreciated too.

2. Hught

Hught Well-Known Member

I can't remember if the BJ's up there sells it, but the new BJ's in Fayetteville sells propane.

3. baseballer

baseballer Active Member

LR Propane Four Oaks

4. robbie

robbie Well-Known Member

I bought 2 40lb tanks to rotate and fill them up at DRWells, easy enough for me to lift and do myself.

5. 26.2

26.2 Well-Known Member

BJ's at White Oak.

6. jesse82nc

jesse82nc Well-Known Member

How big a tank are we talking? I have a 500 gallon and get it filled usually by Thompson Gas.

http://www.thompsongas.com/

Steve Langston
    Territory Sales Manager
    919-938-0055
    Steve Langston slangston@thompsongas.com

I had about 100 gallons delivered recently, $2.05 a gallon. They usually make their rounds once a week, so it may take them a day or two to get to you.

If you are talking some smaller tank (less than 100 lbs), try BJs.

For reference on size, this is my 500 gallon just after I had it installed several years ago.
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Oct 21, 2013
  7. HidesinOBX

HidesinOBX Well-Known Member

TR Wells in Clayton fills our personal tank.

8. tassy

tassy Well-Known Member

I would stay away from McCracken. If you are only using it for gas logs, they will charge you more per gallon than someone who is getting it for whole house purposes.

9. Crockadoodledoo

Crockadoodledoo Well-Known Member

I just had my propane tank filled by LR Propane and the price was $1.89 per gallon.

10. PirateGirl

PirateGirl Well-Known Member

Monson Oil Company has some of the best prices around! Call and get a quote.
    local 919.460.9194 | toll free 888.486.5925

11. kaci

kaci Well-Known Member

Just filled our 100 lb tank at DR Wells for $58

12. UWISH

UWISH Well-Known Member

I ended up getting it from Ferrell Gas for $1.98 a gallon. I was very pleased with their customer service too!

13. jesse82nc

jesse82nc Well-Known Member

That's over $2.50 a gallon!

14. C me Now BMM

C me Now BMM Well-Known Member

Dr wells is pricey,, marathon has the best price I've seen. A grill size tank for 12 bucks. It wasn't long ago I was at wells and had them fill 2 for me and I never asked the price ahead of time. Damn I should have. I could've filled 3 at marathon for what I payed.

15. Bluewillow

Bluewillow Well-Known Member

Another vote for Marathon. The staff at the one on 42 and Glen Rd across from the Burger King are so nice and helpful. Their prices are the best I've found, also.

16. tassy

tassy Well-Known Member

huh?

17. C me Now BMM

It's the lbs vs gallons. It would've been roughly 20+ gallons to fill.

18. Palisade

Palisade Well-Known Member

Propane weighs about 4.22 pounds per gallon, therefore a 100 pound tank would hold about 23.8 gallons. $58/23.8 = $2.44/gallon (not quite the "over $2.50 a gallon!", but close).

19. DontCareHowYouDoItInNY

DontCareHowYouDoItInNY Well-Known Member

The last time I had my 100 pouind tank filled was last February at the Barnes store. It was $63. At the time they were pretty competitive at that price so either the price has dropped since then or propane is higher on the cool side of 70.

20. C me Now BMM

It cost more to be cool Bro,,,