Craft Beverage at 42

Discussion in 'Discussion Group' started by bandmom, Nov 5, 2013.

1. bandmom

bandmom Well-Known Member

2. C me Now BMM

C me Now BMM Well-Known Member

Yup good beer. They do have small bar with a few flavors on tap. Mostly though cash and carry. You can mix match 6 packs as you'd like.

3. Sdaanimal

Sdaanimal Well-Known Member

Not yet, but it looks like they carry Weyerbacher beer, so we'll check it out this weekend! :cheers:

4. tassy

tassy Well-Known Member

They have a good selection in my professional opinion... but their prices are high compared to other bottle shops. Tasty Beverage in Raleigh is our favorite. There is also going to be a new bottle shop opening on Fayetteville St. in Raleigh called Paddy O'Beers.

5. Tardevil

Tardevil Well-Known Member

They carry Deep River out of Clayton, and that is very tasty beer - all batches and flavors that we have tried!!!

6. Harvey

Harvey Well-Known Member

It is nice to have a place like this, but Lowe' Foods carries a decent selection now as well. Maybe not as varied, but nice nonetheless. These places never make it unless they are a destination unto themselves.

7. DontCareHowYouDoItInNY

DontCareHowYouDoItInNY Well-Known Member

I havent been there, but you should also check out the new Harris Teeter - they have an excellent beer/wine selection.

8. C me Now BMM

Well a big factor is that at Lowes and Harris tweeter you can't mix and match 6 packs like you can at craft..

9. DontCareHowYouDoItInNY

DontCareHowYouDoItInNY Well-Known Member

I don't know about Lowes, but HT has a section where you can make up your own 6-pack. I have no idea how it compares to Craft beverage, but it seems to be a pretty good selection.

10. Sdaanimal

Sdaanimal Well-Known Member

You can mix and match at Lowes, at least the one on 42/50. It is $9.99 for a six-pack

11. C me Now BMM

Ok, it appears I don't know what the hell I'm talking about and just need to shut up. LOL. Other than they have good beer, and as someone said a bit pricey.. due to Urkel-nomics though I'm down to Old Milwaukee and or PBR.. so craft beer is just something to look at.

12. harleygirl

harleygirl Well-Known Member

:shock:

ML & Yeungling was on sale @ HT for $13.99/case :hurray::hurray: (sale ended yesterday)

13. Harvey

Harvey Well-Known Member

Craft beer, not crap beer.

14. C me Now BMM

Yuengling is far from crap beer,,dingleberry.. you should've quoted my beer brand not this harley woman..

15. Wayne Stollings

Wayne Stollings Well-Known Member

Hey, Pabst was the first beer I ever had ..... I was three but I have pictures of the event. That was back when they had real cans and the one I had was almost as big and almost as heavy as I was. I am told my uncles got ripped for giving it to me. It was worse when I asked for another .... at dinner ..... with the pastor and his wife present. Now there would be an investigation I am sure.

16. rntobe

rntobe Well-Known Member

I checked them out yesterday. Good selection, owner very nice and knowledgeable, beer tasting from different breweries every other friday.

17. bissielizzie

bissielizzie Well-Known Member

Haven't been yet, we always go to Total Wines in Cary or Raleigh and do 6 pak mixes. Hopefully this local store will carry at least as many, if not more to choose from. Finally, something other than a nail salon or Chinese food.

18. C me Now BMM

LOL.. back in the day Pabst was more popular.. although now from what I gather the X gamers/ sno boarders type favor PBR..

19. dgsatman

dgsatman Well-Known Member

Uhhhhhhh -Pabst IS PBR. (Pabst Blue Ribbon) ;)

20. Hught

Hught Well-Known Member

Grew up in Milwaukee and the stuff was great up there. 100% of the beer from the brewery up there was consumed in Illinois and Wisconsin.

Moved down here and the PBR that came from the Georgia brewery was undrinkable. A group of us that moved to Greensboro 35 years ago for our jobs had a pipeline operation where we smuggled the stuff down from Wisconsin in exchange for cigarettes which we shipped up! :mrgreen: