Prayers needed

Discussion in 'Discussion Group' started by sirputz, Nov 6, 2013.

1. michelle

michelle Well-Known Member

You know, it's people like you who have run this board into the ground. I hardly ever get on here anymore because of all the ****ing and moaning that goes on from a select few.

I guess your mama forgot to tell you this, so allow me . . . if you don't have anything nice to say then keep your big mouth shut.

Your life must be pretty miserable for you to have to come on here and lash out at someone who is down on their luck. Maybe you should try helping others instead of putting them down all the time. I mean, damn, even the Grinch had a heart.

2. sirputz

sirputz Well-Known Member

+1 and his heart grew ten sizes

3. INTHEBUFF

INTHEBUFF Well-Known Member

Well, well. Now what sympathy I had for you has just flown right out the window kiddo. I started with "Please don't take this the wrong way" and ended with hoping things got better with you. First, you've been married 3 years and have now three kids? Um.....maybe you should've thought about that a little bit more. Your big send off before your nap time is riddled with issues. I won't waste my time on counting how many mistakes/bad decisions you listed in your spew above. So, as someone who is obviously older than you let me give you some words of wisdom, take'em or leave'em. When older, wiser and more experienced people try to give you some advice just listen and stay off your oh so mighty high horse and just maybe you'll learn something, otherwise you'll keep making the same mistakes and get nowhere. I can look back on the many times I was given very good advice from my elders and didn't take it but wish now I did. Ain't nothing wrong in admitting you've made some mistakes, could've been buying a house truly too expense for your wallet etc. Driving two or even one brand new cars instead of looking for a good used one, being in a negative situation with a car is not too smart etc. doesn't really matter but until you are ready to admit you've made some mistakes and learn to listen you'll be right back in this situation again in the future. Oh and sweetheart, no one should ever use their savings to furnish their home. You are basically "house poor" and that was a very bad decision. I still offer you one of my books from Dave Ramsey and if you truly want to be in a better financial situation so this never happens again you should take me up on my offer.
    Once again, good luck. FEDEX, UPS are hiring on all shifts and the pay is good, shifts are usually 4-5 hours or if you get on as a driver's helper you could get 40+ and possibly get hired on after the holidays.

Last edited: Nov 8, 2013
  4. C me Now BMM

C me Now BMM Well-Known Member

well in his defense,, if you weren't "in the buff " and put some clothes on he may be able to take you a lil more serious.
    just my 2 cents worth

5. AnnetteL

AnnetteL Well-Known Member

Let me check with my husband when he comes home tonight to see if he might have some of what you need...

6. michelle

michelle Well-Known Member

Really!? So I take it you never made any mistakes when you were first starting out? Wow. Didn't know so many people on this board were able to walk on water . . .

7. AnnetteL

8. INTHEBUFF

INTHEBUFF Well-Known Member

And I didn't know so many couldn't read and comprehend. Read it again and show me where I made any statement about never making mistakes. I believe I even made a statement that I had wished I had listened to some of the advice given to me years ago but didn't. Everyone has could've, should've, would've in their life. His response to me sounded full of arrogance and thumping his chest and so much like the younger generation full of their entitlements. New cars, new home, but upside down in all three. That's a mighty hole to dig out of.
    Hard to feel sorry for someone when you read a paragraph or more of spew that sounds to some degree as BS. Just my opinion. Carry on:beathorse:

9. Sherry A.

Sherry A. Well-Known Member

:hurray:

10. sirputz

Thank you to our Angels..... you know who you are. No need to promote them so they can be bashed as well.

As for In the Buff, you deserve no reply, more than you assume we have everything that this generation has---new cars, new phones, big TV's etc. You are DEAD wrong. I have never had the latest and greatest...Never even wanted it. My house is a fixer upper, which we bought when we both had our well paying jobs, and savings in the bank. The "brand new" car you speak of never existed...I stated it was a new car...which means it was NEW to ME!!!

So, you can continue to assume whatever you want, but those that know me, know that I am not entitled....I am one of the most giving people you'll ever meet...Gee, If I was entitled, would I offer to exchange work for food, or anything?

Again, Thank you to our Angels...we appreciate the help, more than you know!!!!

11. CanisLupis

CanisLupis Banned

sirputz...i feel for you...but why do you have an internet bill ?\

i can't do anything for you except asking you to PM me so that i can let you know when my company may be hiring. we are in raleigh.

i meet with companies all over the area quite regularly...i will start asking and letting you know who is hiring.

12. sirputz

Thank you for keeping an eye out...as far as the internet, it's for communicating with the family that is no where close, for looking for jobs, and for my daughter to complete school work on. Middle school age. We don't have a high plan and it's been pared down as was everything else.

13. Hught

Hught Well-Known Member

Sirputz, I no longer live in the area so I might not be of much help, although you and your family are in my thoughts.

Do you have a LinkedIn account? Granted my background is different than yours but I get a number of folks looking to give me jobs through the site. It is also a great way to network.

14. AnnetteL

Checked with my husband-he say's he's got some miscellaneous lumber such as plywood,some 4x4's,2x6's and some other odds and ends,got some wire and a few wire staples.We'll be gone for most of the day tomorrow but you could probably come by to look at it and decide what you might like,either Saturday late afternoon or sometime on Sunday.

15. kaci

kaci Well-Known Member

Before you asshats continue bashing, this is a guy who though so down on his own luck chose to donate to this board's Christmas Angels a couple of years ago. He is a good hearted man who is down on his luck yet he always looks out for others. Sirputz, i will give your list of what you need for materials to my hubby and let you know what he has that will help out. And you and your family are in my PRAYERS too!

Also, are you working fulltime now? Hubby suggested some temp agencies that his company uses and he gets a lot of the good ones hired on permanently.

16. sirputz

Thanks Kaci I am working full time---12A to 8A in Clayton, though from what my boss tells me it should be changing to 4P to 12A with a pay raise....so I'm praying that goes through soon.

And Where can I drop off some of our unneeded items (they didn't sell in the yard sales we had, mostly stuffed animals) for this years Christmas Angels....I have a bag of toys and a few other things you could pass out. PM me about that.

17. mordorboy

mordorboy Well-Known Member

Sent you a PM. I have a couple of small jobs you can do for me.

18. sirputz

We want to say thank you to all those who have already helped and who have offered/pledged to help We appreciate it so much, that you can't imagine. Because of your kindness, we've been able to provide meals for this family of 5, put a full tank of gas in the minivan (which will allow me to get to and from work) and provided materials to build the rabbit hutches needed to house the bunnies (which we've found out are one of each sex, so they have to be separated).

Thank you so so very much. You don't know what a little hope means to us.

And remember, please don't hesitate to ask if we can help you with any projects you may have. We are indebted to you all.

19. elims

elims Well-Known Member

You are an honest, hard-working man ... I know you are doing everything you possibly can to support your family! You have my thoughts and prayers .. until I can think of other ways I can help!

Carol

20. Rockyv58

Rockyv58 Well-Known Member

I usually get the sunday paper and it takes me a few days to get to read it. I will start holding on to them for your bunnies.

Also check at JCC about the haircuts since they have a cosmotology dept.

I am going to have to research it but there was some sort of angel food network thing that you could look into. ONce I find the link I will post it for you

Last edited: Nov 10, 2013