Cici Pizza Clayton

Discussion in 'Discussion Group' started by Kdog, Nov 18, 2013.

1. Kdog

Kdog Well-Known Member

Just got an email that the CiCi Pizza in Clayton is closed. The kids will be disappointed

2. Cleopatra

Cleopatra Well-Known Member

I won't miss it, but why is it closed? I thought they did pretty good business-wise.

3. Kdog

Kdog Well-Known Member

The email said due to financial reasons they decide to close it. Maybe they could not compete with Little Caesars. I too wont be upset but the kids liked the alfredo and buffalo chix pizzas.

4. ImTheNormal0ne

ImTheNormal0ne Well-Known Member

there pizza was mediocre at best :( little ceasers was always cheaper to me

5. Rockyv58

Rockyv58 Well-Known Member

is it only the cici's in clayton or is it all the cici's? I usually go to the one out by the college and like the mac and cheese pizza

6. C me Now BMM

C me Now BMM Well-Known Member

little ceasars = cardboard w/ sauce and cheese, kudos though for doing their part in recycling.

7. ddrdan

ddrdan Well-Known Member

Feces pizza is closing?

8. C me Now BMM

C me Now BMM Well-Known Member

Oh that's gross.

9. gcoats3

gcoats3 Well-Known Member

This section of the strip mall in WalMart area is about empty. Chinese restaurant, UPS store and now CiCi gone. UPS store moved down behind PNC Bank by Wild Birds Unlimited.

10. jesse82nc

jesse82nc Well-Known Member

All garbage pizza. Marco's by the 40/42 Walmart is pretty decent. Anyone else that is from the NYC area have any other recommendations? 25 years living just outside NYC spoiled me on good pizza.

11. tassy

tassy Well-Known Member

I'm not from the NYC area, but I am from Boston and love pizza. We like Rays Pizza at 42 & Barber Mill Rd., Primo Pizza on Main St. in Clayton, La Piazza @ 42/50, Venero's is ok too. I also agree that Marco's has a good pizza. Marco's probably reminds me of a pizza place at home the most, Papa Gino's.

If you are in Raleigh on New Bern Ave., there is a place called Four Brothers behind the Burger King and Wells Fargo Bank, they have really good N.Y. style pizza. They also usually have coupons available on restaurant.com.

12. ImTheNormal0ne

ImTheNormal0ne Well-Known Member

i love rays pizza It is my favorite in clayton

13. jesse82nc

jesse82nc Well-Known Member

I've heard Ray's before. I need to check them out. My favorite in the Triangle is Dominic's by Target behind Triangle Town Center. They have excellent pizza, very NY style, he is from Brooklyn I think it was.

14. bissielizzie

bissielizzie Well-Known Member

3 olives get our vote

15. Rockyv58

Rockyv58 Well-Known Member

Shakey's Pizza

I remember when my ex and I lived in Wilmington DE we would go to Shakey's Pizza on Monday night (which was dollar spaghetti night) and each would have two plates of spaghetti and a drink, then drive over to a church near our house and play bingo. I won 100.00 one night. Those were some good times.

16. bostonredhead

bostonredhead Well-Known Member

They've also lost Wendy's, Andy's, and a couple of short-lived places that were in by Andy's....

17. PirateGirl

PirateGirl Well-Known Member

Ray's Pizza is awesome AND affordable! Their Zeppole (or however you spell it) rocks!