can i borrow.....

Discussion in 'Discussion Group' started by sirputz, Nov 5, 2012.

1. Lucky1

Lucky1 Well-Known Member

Wow, you did have a tough go of it there! I will say that the girls were all waiting and waiting there. We got off light with the tux fitting. We shall see if the coat fits. That is my main concern. Hope he finds the perfect suit!!

2. kdc1970

kdc1970 Guest

DH wore 29's when we first met, he was a runner. I'm a better cook than his mother, so I fixed that for him. :jester:

3. sirputz

sirputz Well-Known Member

A tiller?

I only need it for about an hour and a half at most. I can pick up and return.... Don't have any cash to offer, but can barter services...you name it i'll do it, (if able, I don't want to leave shoddy work behind)

I have an area of 15 by 14 that needs tilled for the future garden. Would like to do this before Easter weekend!

Can Anyone help?

*I called Ace, and it's 32 bucks for 4 hrs...like I said I'll be done in an hour and half max)

Last edited: Mar 19, 2013
  4. Salvation

Salvation Well-Known Member

To borrow.......

Does anyone have a blackened and charred soul that I can borrow. I'd like to temporarily place it in this shell of clay? Until then can I borrow a time machine to turn back time? My immortal.

5. Hught

Hught Well-Known Member

Had some blackened and charred sole just the other day . . . Quite tasty!

jlc007 likes this.
  6. C me Now BMM

C me Now BMM Well-Known Member

Obama's is blackened and charred right now.

7. sirputz

Tables

Looking to borrow a couple tables (6 or 8 ft, round, doesn't matter) to hold a yard sale this next weekend, June 8th. I can pick up the tables and will return them on Sunday June 9th.

Need about 3 total, so they can come from different people. Closer to 50/Mt. Pleasant the better. But anywhere around 40/42, 42/50 and 50/210 crossings would be helpful.

TIA

8. King Of Clean

King Of Clean Active Member

Is there any chance at all that I could borrow a pick up truck today? I know that it's a big request but I only need it for 1.5 hours. I will obviously pay for the gas. I live right off of 40 & 210. I am making one trip to Clayton to pick something up and then bring it back to my house. Thanks for you help.

Last edited: Nov 25, 2013
  9. sirputz

Sent you a pm

10. C me Now BMM

Drug running or moonshine ?

11. King Of Clean

King Of Clean Active Member

Why, you want in? :lol:

12. Wayne Stollings

Wayne Stollings Well-Known Member

Just watching for competition .... :jester:

13. C me Now BMM

LOL, good one..

14. ddrdan

ddrdan Well-Known Member

Can't find any rental places that rent a Soda Blaster or Sand Blaster. I prefer the Soda but can use a sand if I have to. If anyone has one and would like to rent it out, I need one for about 2 days to do a car.

15. sirputz

Have you tried places like Ram Rent All on Hwy 70 in Clayton? (they have a store in Goldsboro also...they may have different things)
    Or Hudson's Hardware?
    I also know that Love's on 42 by the Walmart has a Sandblaster area, so maybe they'd do it for you for a fee.

And also check with Tractor Supply I know they sell em, maybe they have one they rent out.

Good luck!

16. ddrdan

ddrdan Well-Known Member

Thanks for the tips. Pretty much tried every rental in the area with no luck. I'd really like to have someone do it for me but I'm pulling all the suspension system out to get to the tough spots and I'm replacing most of those parts, shocks, leafs, complete tie rod system, etc., in the process. Quotes for that entire job were pretty high. I can do the replacements myself for a third of the quotes, but that leaves them blasting around the new parts.

I wouldn't mind buying a $100 soda tank blaster but the compressor required to run those is in the $400 range. They take a hefty 6 to 8 CFM @ 90psi to run properly.

Thanks again!

17. Rockyv58

Rockyv58 Well-Known Member

cordless drill

I need to borrow a cordless drill.

In my back yard I have a chicken wire fence. In a couple of spots my beagle Jese can push out under it. I have a bunch of 1"x6" that I want to go and put on either side of the chicken wire fence at the ground and screw them together. It's a good 50' to 70' away from the closest outlet.

18. michelle

michelle Well-Known Member

I need to borrow a white tent/shelter that is 10' x 18' (or close) for May 24th. We are having a wedding in the backyard and need it to put over the tables for the reception.

19. sirputz

Don't have one to borrow, but Ram Rent All in Clayton on HWY 70 &Guy road should be able to accommodate.

20. sirputz

Metal Detector

Was wondering if anyone had a metal detector that I could borrow this coming weekend (July 18th, 19th, 20th) I'd return it Monday (or my wife would). We're going to Myrtle Beach for the weekend for our Anniversary (4) and was looking for some free things to do since money is so tight. Figured that would kill a good bit of time, and give us some much needed exercise.

Doesn't have to be high end, just something that will pick up metal in the sand/and or water (if capable)
    TIA