Publix

Discussion in 'Discussion Group' started by Rockyv58, Dec 3, 2012.

1. Rockyv58

Rockyv58 Well-Known Member

2. AnnetteL

AnnetteL Well-Known Member

3. bosoxfan

bosoxfan Well-Known Member

Nice! Maybe they'll look at the area near Johnston Medical on 42.

4. Hatteras6

Hatteras6 Well-Known Member

Anticipation.....loved the Publix in Tampa.

5. Rockyv58

When I use to live in South Florida I use to do all my shopping at Publix and would get Seagram's Raspberry Ginger Ale. I have not been able to find it up here. I can't wait to see if they carry it

6. Rockyv58

Thanks
    Are you sure you saw the Raspberry Ginger Ale and not the Cranberry Ginger Ale?

7. ZUMBAbyMARIE

ZUMBAbyMARIE Well-Known Member

Hey, I used to live in Tampa.....Riverview technically.

8. Lucky1

Lucky1 Well-Known Member

9. Rockyv58

Darn that is expensive. I use to buy in cans and buy several cases at a time when I would go home to South Florida to visit

[​IMG]>

Closest place I found to pick it up is at Wegmans in Fredericksburg VA

Last edited: Dec 4, 2012
  10. Lucky1

Lucky1 Well-Known Member

I love gingerale. It is what I drink on a regular basis. I probably shouldn't try this kind though if it is that good! Hope you find some soon! Maybe you could find someone on the board who goes to Va. regularly and they could bring it to you!

11. KellBell

KellBell Well-Known Member

12. Hatteras6

Hatteras6 Well-Known Member

Startered out in Town and Country, then to Carrollwood, then Ridge Manor in Hernando County, then Zephyrhills. Sales territory changed often from Gainesville to Sarasota, Clearwater to Oblando...Appollo Beach, Riverview, etc..

13. lgb0250

lgb0250 Well-Known Member

Now there's another going into N. Raleigh. Hopefully they will eventually move our way.

14. Rockyv58

:hurray::hurray:

15. gcoats3

gcoats3 Well-Known Member

We purchased our 1st home on Pochantus in Town and Country in 1968. Several months later my mom visited us and at breakfast the next morning after her 1st night with us she said "I thought I was at Parl Harbor last night". Air traffic from Tampa International and Air Force Base. LOL

16. bissielizzie

bissielizzie Well-Known Member

I heard on the news last night that they are looking to acquire 12 acres on Falls of Neuse, didn't say exactly where but that they expected the area residents to be resistant to their plans.

17. lgb0250

lgb0250 Well-Known Member

Can't say I blame the residents of that area. According to one resident of the area, there are already five grocery stores within a four mile area! Throw in the present traffic on Falls of Neuse and it's a disaster area IMO.

http://www.bizjournals.com/triangle/news/2013/11/25/publix-developer-wants-site-at-falls.html

http://raleighpublicrecord.org/news...ty-can-move-foward-with-rezoning-application/

Sure would be nice to see them become the anchor store at 42/Amelia Church. I know it won't happen but it would be nice.

18. Rockyv58

I wish we had that problem.

19. Wayne Stollings

Wayne Stollings Well-Known Member

but not the population density and traffic that would be needed to support them, of course

20. molly2008

molly2008 Well-Known Member

Why? If you want to live in a metro area, why did you move to 4042? SMH