Happy Thanksgiving

Discussion in 'Discussion Group' started by Grammie, Nov 27, 2013.

1. Grammie

Grammie Well-Known Member

Tomorrow will be very busy for a lot of us, so I just want to wish you all a happy and safe Thanksgiving.

2. Sherry A.

Sherry A. Well-Known Member

Happy Thanksgiving to one and all.

Thanks so much, Grammie. Hope you and yours are safe and healthy.

Sherry

3. Hught

Hught Well-Known Member

Hopefully everyone at 4042 will get to enjoy the day!

Please don't go shopping Thursday, maybe next year the stores will let their employees have a Thanksgiving with their families!

4. harleygirl

harleygirl Well-Known Member

Happy Thanksgiving everybody!!!

5. ddrdan

ddrdan Well-Known Member

Remember ........ "Turkey's are our friends, not food!":jester:

Happy Thanksgiving everyone.

6. Navycut

Navycut Well-Known Member

MAY YOUR STUFFING BE TASTY,
    MAY YOUR TURKEY BE PLUMP.
    MAY YOUR POTATOES 'N GRAVY HAVE NARY A LUMP.

MAY YOUR YAMS BE DELICIOUS.
    MAY YOUR PIES TAKE THE PRIZE,
    MAY YOUR THANKSGIVING DINNER
    STAY OFF OF YOUR THIGHS!!

7. Sdaanimal

Sdaanimal Well-Known Member

"...you can get anything you want at Alice's restaurant..."

8. sirputz

sirputz Well-Known Member

Happy Thanksgiving!!! I have so much to be thankful for, but I won't bore ya'll

Be Kind to one another when/if you go shopping tomorrow. No material item is worth a life or limb as we sadly see every year increasing around the year.

9. Wayne Stollings

Wayne Stollings Well-Known Member

" 'cept Alice"

10. nsanemom22

nsanemom22 Well-Known Member

Happy Thanksgiving everybody.

11. Sdaanimal

Sdaanimal Well-Known Member

:cheers:

12. Wayne Stollings

:cheers: Listened to it twice today .... friom the Group W bench of course.

13. Wayne Stollings

This year we are having the family Thanksgiving Friday due to logistics so we ate out yesterday at one of the few restaurants open. The delay was not manifested until it was too late to get a reservation. Not a problem though we went to a national chain based on "home cooking" where there was double parking and two hour wait. The problem came when speaking with the Hostess and the Waitperson. They were not given the option to work as it was a mandatory requirement subjecting them to termination if they did not work. For the single parent who waited on us that required a three hour drive one way to drop her children with a relative so she could work. There was no holiday premium paid either, just the bare minimum daily wage. I was torn in that the number of people waiting for service indicated the need, but the additional load should have allowed for a premium to be added to the hourly wage. I always tip well and even better on a holiday if that happens, but I know that is not always the case. I think that the employer could have made a much better approach to the holiday work schedule and pay rate if they were truly a family oriented company. I have written a letter to the company on the subject and pointed out the issue a Pizza Hut franchise caused when a General Manager was fired for not forcing workers to show up on Thanksgiving.

Venting also hleps as I feel my patronage on Thanksgiving supported the company's decision although I believe it was somewhat of a benefit for the waitperson this time.

14. C me Now BMM

C me Now BMM Well-Known Member

Well some good points but the reality of it all is one should be thankful they even have a job even though they had to work on thanksgiving.
    Years ago having the kids working on leaves during thanksgiving they would complain a lil bit and they were told than to be thankful you have a yard to rake, be thankful that you're even healthy enough to rake because there were many kids that would have neither.

I personally liked it when there was nothing opened on holidays. Obviously those were days we will never see again.

15. 2not2

2not2 Well-Known Member

Hope everyone had a great holiday weekend and enjoyed time with family and friends! We opted for a trip to Myrtle Beach since I don't normally cook on Thanksgiving anyway; we usually do ours the weekend after with my husband's family. In fact, we will be heading back shortly to meet everyone for lunch.

I can say that this is really the first year in forever that I have not gone Black Friday shopping, or whatever they are gonna call it now. Having everything open on Thanksgiving just doesn't feel right. We did stop for dinner on the way down Thursday night, but it wasn't as crowded as I thought it would be. Our waitress was great, didn't complain once about working the holiday. And, yes...we tipped extra!