New catering bussiness...

Discussion in 'Discussion Group' started by peekaboo, Dec 2, 2013.

1. peekaboo

peekaboo Well-Known Member

What is the name of the catering business that opened up where Mulberry on Main was located?

2. DontCareHowYouDoItInNY

DontCareHowYouDoItInNY Well-Known Member

3. gcoats3

gcoats3 Well-Known Member

4. gcoats3

gcoats3 Well-Known Member

5. dgsatman

dgsatman Well-Known Member

Walked by yesterday morning, new name on the window!!! They've done a lot of remodeling, too. They knocked out the wall between the "restaurant" and "bar area", making one HUGE room. Sort of takes away from the intimacy that I thought they had before.

Last edited: Dec 3, 2013
  6. tassy

tassy Well-Known Member

I don't like it and I would rather have the restaurant back.

:(

7. bhawley

bhawley Member

They made a big mistake.

8. bosoxfan

bosoxfan Well-Known Member

Agreed, but based on the hours they were open, it didn't seem like they really were into running a restaurant. It's a lot of work to do it right, and I don't think they really wanted a 100 hour/week job. Can't say that I blame them.

9. tassy

tassy Well-Known Member

They have always had a whole other business in the catering end. That was why they were only open 3 nights a week for dinner. Obviously, the catering demand was much greater and a much larger contributor to their bank balance. Think about it, they could AFFORD the overhead (rent, insurance, etc.) to only have the restaurant open for 3 nights a week. Most restaurants need to be open lunch & dinner 7 days a week to turn a profit.