Prayers needed

Discussion in 'Discussion Group' started by sirputz, Nov 6, 2013.

1. sirputz

sirputz Well-Known Member

Hi all, I want to thank all of you again for the kind words and thoughts and prayers. And to rebut against my nemesis IN THE BUFF. You bring up points in your rant that are not valid anymore. When I was playing pool at Cdh it was only on Sunday nights and it's free. What did I drink, oh that's right, a beer....root beer, because it is free refills for less than 2 dollars. I haven't shot pool in im not sure how long, probably 4 months ago at least. As far as poker, no I never played at all in NC. Or anywhere in the last year. Have I wanted to, sure. But did I, no. You offer this book from Dave Ramsey, and suggest I need credit counseling, or that im overextended. How could you know what I need when you won't get you fingers.out of your ears. You want to help, then do so. Stop putting me and my family down, because.I.have done.nothing to deserve it. In fact, I've gone out of my way to continue.doing what I do, giving to others in any way I can, applying for every job I can find, and results are still meager at best. But because of this thread, I have been able to network and possibly, I'll find a supplemental income. I've been able to restfully sleep knowing we have a pantry with food in it again.

Our troubles are not over, I know this is not short.term. Which is why our.savings was exhausted, the retirement accounts emptied, the necessary maintenance on the vehicles pushed off, the begging and pleading with God to help me understand what all this purpose.is.
    As far as bankruptcy, it is paying on the house.and van, which along with our utilities is what we we're paying before.hand. The credit.card debt gets absolved, PROVIDED I complete my end of the deal. Which is to pay on time.every month for.5 years. If you had access to my credit report when I was working consistently, you'd see I was never late. But after losing our incomes and finally finding work, I find that my job is inconsistent as of late. I have missed days due to mechanical failures beyond my control and.which happen on shifts other.than mine. I will likely miss work tonight because of a failure as well. So tell me how Dave Ramsey would feed a family of five, and provide shelter on a meager 1600 dollars a month. This after having an income of nearly 5000 a month a year ago.

I pray for you....honestly I do. I pray you see yourself in a different light, one filled with compassion and grace rather than bittneress and disgust. I pray you never have to undergo what I am. Granted there are people worse off.than me, and I acknowledge that. But the only person who fully understands my needs, is me. And I've read one of E.g. Ramsey's books years ago, it helped then. But after all this financial difficulty, I don't have the means to provide.

For anyone else, a short list of ongoing needs, should your.hearts be led to give:
    Diapers currently a.size 3
    Pull UPS size 2-3T
    Gas cards to help with fuel
    Job suggestions for a 2ND job in the area that will provide roughly 4-500 a month.
    Odd jobs I can do

Thank you and God Bless

2. sirputz

Thanks Pirate girl...I'll keep ya posted. I know she wants to go to the Christmas dance in December...I don't.know if she has any field trips coming.up. Another angel beat ya to the last one two weekends ago.

On and to whoever it was that gave me the link to city of Raleigh jobs, they just called today. Guess my application got lost in the shuffle and.arrived postmarked too late. But they did submit it for another spot. Fingers crossed.

3. bandmom

bandmom Well-Known Member

good hope it works out for you! :hurray:

4. C me Now BMM

C me Now BMM Well-Known Member

I really don't see any bitterness and disgust in this post.. just some observations and well wishes.. obviously from here it went down hill, but this initial post didn't warrant that direction. Just my take on it..

Nemesis? how so?

5. sirputz

update

I wanted to let you all know, thank you for all you've done.....as of Monday morning I will be working my second job, which will allow us to maintain our bills and slowly get ahead. My first job is still hit or miss, they are talking about having 2 weeks off around Christmas. But the second will provide just enough to keep us from losing our home.
    I can't thank you enough for all your support and encouragement. We know we're not on solid ground yet, but we are keeping our heads above water with this good fortune (of whom I give credit to God alone for this job)

Thanks
    The Nicksich's

6. Hught

Hught Well-Known Member

Congratulations! Hope this is just the beginning of a very Happy New Year! :hurray:

7. AnnetteL

AnnetteL Well-Known Member

Glad to hear it!!

8. mnredsky

mnredsky Well-Known Member

Great to hear! Keep praying and going forward.... and ignoring the ********** on here. Some people just can't live a day without trying to put or bring someone else down.

9. sirputz

WOOOOO HOOOOO!!! I got a raise!!!!

This along with my second job will allow us to get back on our feet, and get off of Public Assistance (which should please some of you!!!)

WOOO HOOOO!!! Pass the :popcorn: I'm gonna be able to enjoy a movie in 3 months time!

(gotta play catch up on the bills first)

10. Hught

Hught Well-Known Member

:hurray:

11. Wayne Stollings

Wayne Stollings Well-Known Member

:hurray: :cheers: :hurray:

12. Rockyv58

Rockyv58 Well-Known Member

:cheers:

13. tassy

tassy Well-Known Member

great to hear!!

:hurray:

14. bosoxfan

bosoxfan Well-Known Member

Excellent news - congrats! :cheers:

15. elims

elims Well-Known Member

Great news!! Great way to start the new year!!

16. Sherry A.

Sherry A. Well-Known Member

So happy for you and your family. Things are starting off great for you guys.

Sherry

17. kaci

kaci Well-Known Member

So happy for you and your family!!!!:hurray:

18. mordorboy

mordorboy Well-Known Member

Well, that is great news for you guys. I'm glad to hear that things are heading in the right direction.

19. sirputz

Thanks everyone!!!!
    Got our bills caught up.... at least for the most part. Still behind on Electric a lil bit, but they're working with me and being patient. Should have them caught up by the Middle of February.

Wife and kids are doing well, and thanks to a bunch of you, (and Santa Claus, aka gramma and papa) we have enough clothes to last us till Summer.

Should be able to start putting money away so we're not in this same boat again by Mid March.

20. PirateGirl

PirateGirl Well-Known Member

Very cool! Love to hear these stories. You were man enough to ask for help when you needed it, but you were also man enough to work your butt off to yourself out of the mess. Best of luck to you!