ROLL TIDE ROLL

Discussion in 'Discussion Group' started by Sherry A., Sep 24, 2011.

1. C me Now BMM

C me Now BMM Well-Known Member

LOL, see ya next year...

2. Sherry A.

Sherry A. Well-Known Member

Congratulations to all my Auburn friends. You guys played one heck of a game. Going to go cry for a while.

Sherry

3. Sherry A.

True Bama fans appreciate a worthy opponent and lose gracefully.

Sherry

4. Sherry A.

5. PoohBear

PoohBear Well-Known Member

Payback time for that idiot Alabama fan that poisioned Auburn trees.

6. Sherry A.

One fan does not make all of us. We don't condone that kind of action either. Just like I don't think all Auburn fans threatened our quarterback's girlfriend for wearing BAMA gear and pulling for BAMA. Glad one of us can stay classy.

Sherry

7. PoohBear

You classy? LOL

8. Sherry A.

You wouldn't know it if it slapped you in the face, young woman <I save lady for those who are>. Listen, learn and stay quiet.

Sherry

9. C me Now BMM

Just don't listen, and learn from this hypocrite.. stay quiet? LOL... what a joke.

10. bulldawg

bulldawg Well-Known Member

Where are you Sherry ?????

Did you give up on the roll tide thing since the national title thing went away?

I thought you would be commenting all over this

Big story for Bama fans awaiting for their savor to make a decision

http://espn.go.com/college-football...ban-agrees-new-deal-stay-alabama-crimson-tide

He could be easily be wearing burnt orange at this point.

By the way Saban gets atleast 3 more National Championships before he retires. Good move by Saban and University of AL

The Tide is Gonna Roll and Sherry's gonna love it :)

11. Sherry A.

I've been in mourning. <really been working loads of hours>

Sherry

https://www.facebook.com/pages/Alabama-Crimson-Tide-BCS-Bowl-Game-Information/195948017517

Alabama and Nick Saban have reached a long term contract extension to remain as the head coach of Alabama! RTR

[​IMG]

12. Sherry A.

I have a friend who has two extra tickets to the Bowl game and I'd love to take my dad. This could be my dad's last chance to see a live Bowl game with BAMA in it. My dad has been a lifelong fan. His mother graduated from the University of Alabama and so did my dad.

When I was young and we lived overseas my dad would take me to some local sporting event. He would always yell "Roll Tide Roll" and we would always hear a "War Eagle" from somewhere in the small crowd. It always felt like home.

When we were in the States my parents would follow the team to different games. The Bear was the Coach. It was a time where the players and coaches dressed up, as did the fans. My parents always dressed up in suits that were crimson. My dad always had a hounds tooth hat on, like The Bear. They would stay in the same hotel and wait with other fans in the lobby. They would greet each and every player and coach.

My dad met The Bear loads of times. He also knew Joe Namath. I remember as a child driving down to Tuscaloosa from northern Alabama headed to a BAMA football game. It was cold outside and rainy. When we reached the stadium it was pouring rain. My mother told my dad that we should turn around and listen to the game on the radio. My dad stated that a true fan would never leave the team, no matter the weather. Wanting to please my dad, I walked hand in hand with my dad in that pouring rain into the stadium. We were always early so we sat in that rain for a while. I can remember the rain and the cold like it was yesterday. When the team ran into the stadium my dad and I jumped up and started screaming, we were but a few in attendance. My dad was beaming. We stayed a short while and then my dad decided it was best that we leave before we got sick. I'll never forget it.

As years went by my dad bought a motor home and decorated it with everything BAMA. Each year we would get more and more items. As an adult I cherished meeting my dad at as many games as I could attend and staying with the motor home crowd. What an awesome experience. Those were the best times of my life, with my dad. Those people still check in with me on the health of my dad and, of course, BAMA news.

My dad lives and breathes BAMA football. When his father died the funeral happened to fall on the day of the BAMA/Auburn game. Everyone in attendance was dressed in their team's favorite colors. My dad made sure that the funeral was over before the game started because he knew my grandfather would approve.

Not sure if my dad can attend another live game of BAMA's. He's in his late 80s, on oxygen, blind in one eye and going blind in the other and has COPD. What an experience it would be for this WWII Vet, Korean Vet, Vietnam War Vet and BAMA fan to see his most favorite sport, university and football team play during his last years. I'm just unsure if it would hurt him more to turn it down. It's a hard decision but I'll make it before I see him for Christmas.

Roll Tide Roll,
    Sherry

13. Sherry A.

:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

[​IMG]

14. C me Now BMM

Ha, who's gonna be your coach next year??

15. Sherry A.

Same one as this year.

Sherry

16. Sherry A.

17. PoohBear

Sherry. Better call coach and tell him to play 1st team in 2nd half!

18. bosoxfan

bosoxfan Well-Known Member

The expression is now "ROLL OVER TIDE"

19. PoohBear

Love it. Sooners 45 Tide 31.

20. CraigSPL

CraigSPL Well-Known Member