So, who are you

Discussion in 'Discussion Group' started by kaci, Jun 1, 2007.

1. kaci

kaci Well-Known Member

Welcome to the board, enjoy!

2. Ramjet

Ramjet Active Member

OK, I'm 61, Engineer, retired USN, gearhead, love anything mechanical, want to build my retirement shop, want to find a model a ford to hot rod, want to smell the grinding dust and weld fumes again.......oh, Married to a wonderful understanding Brazilian (female), way smarter than me and puts up with my bad moments....life is good

3. kaci

kaci Well-Known Member

Welcome Ramjet, the majority of the peeps are great on here and you will always learn the newest things going on in our community

4. Sherry A.

Sherry A. Well-Known Member

I am hot Bahama Mama, with more intelligence than most, I'm sassy, I love romantic novels, subscribe to Glamor Magazine (sp), agree with most people, don't need makeup but use it anyway and am a very dainty Southern Belle.

Love this place,
    Sherry

5. HeelCQ

HeelCQ Member

I have recently been checking this site for tidbits about the construction site at 42 and Cornwallis and decided to start participating on the forums.

Lets see, my wife and I moved to the area about 5 years ago. We have a 3-year-old son who keeps us busy. As you can tell from my username, I am a huge UNC fan, as is my wife. I guess those are the big bullet points. I look forward to getting to know some of you all on here.

6. Ny2NcMom

Ny2NcMom Active Member

37 year old female
    separated 2.5 years
    2 beautiful children
    work part time
    name yes I am from NY long island...

7. CSB

CSB Member

Another newbie here...

Just wanted to stop in and say hi :) I've been lurking for a bit, but have found some great recommendations from you already and wanted to say thanks. Hope to to get to know everyone!

8. Southernborn

Southernborn Well-Known Member

Some of you know me, but since I haven't been on here for a couple of years I'll introduce myself. I'm from NC, almost divorced, fabulous 45 yo career woman, with two beautiful daughters. One is in college the other HS. I work hard and believe in enjoying life. I'm very independent and believe your future is what you make of it!:lol:

9. C me Now BMM

C me Now BMM Well-Known Member

Sounds as though there's a Cougar on the prowl. Lol.

10. Southernborn

Lol, but no.

11. Sherry A.

Sherry A. Well-Known Member

Welcome back.

Sherry

P.S. The men folk haven't changed much....haha

Last edited: Dec 11, 2013
  12. Southernborn

That's right

exactly

13. kaci

kaci Well-Known Member

So glad you are back girl, one of our original crew :)

14. DontCareHowYouDoItInNY

DontCareHowYouDoItInNY Well-Known Member

So was prison as bad as everyone says?

15. C me Now BMM

C me Now BMM Well-Known Member

LOL,,

16. Southernborn

Haha not in this lifetime!

17. Southernborn

Thanks!

18. Crash

Crash Member

I'm a 40 year old married guy with two kids left in the house (3 & 9).
    My family comes first, but I like to fish, hunt, kayak, brew beer and then drink said beer. :cheers:

Last edited: Jan 10, 2014
  19. tassy

tassy Well-Known Member

Welcome, my husband spent time in the Air Force and stationed at SJ, back in the late 80's. Homebrewing..... have you been to Deep River Brewery? They have a monthly Home Brewers meeting, I think its usually the first Tuesday of the month, they just had a meeting this past Tuesday.

20. Crash

Crash Member

I've been to Deep River, they make a decent beer. I still haven't been to Double Barley, the brewery on 70 in Wilson's Mills. I also would like to check out White Rabbit in Angier. Maybe someday I'll get to the home-brew meeting. Like most everybody, with work and family, it's hard to find the time for extra-curricular activities.

What shop did your husband work at?