Backyard Bistro

Discussion in 'Discussion Group' started by tassy, Jan 9, 2014.

1. tassy

tassy Well-Known Member

It appears Backyard Bistro is going to open a restaurant in Clayton! They are going to use the building that used to be the Wendys by the Walmart on 70. The article said they are going to put an addition on the building. Can't wait for that to open! Along with the Clayton Drafthouse and Mannings on Main, Clayton will have a few more great dining choices this year!

2. kaci

kaci Well-Known Member

Love love Backyard Bistro, will be so nice to have them local :hurray::hurray::hurray:

3. Judge Smails

Judge Smails Well-Known Member

I'm definitely looking forward to all three.

Now if we could get a Thai restaurant and a good sandwich shop. :)

4. gcoats3

gcoats3 Well-Known Member

Looking forward to Backyard Bistro, Cleveland (Clayton) Draft House and Mannings in Clayton. Especially happy Mannings will open in Historic Downtown Clayton. Hopefully will bring more downtown businesses. Our next wish for Clayton would be for a good cafeteria. If no cafeteria in Clayton, then how about one at White Oak in Garner.

5. High Plains Drifter

High Plains Drifter Well-Known Member

Cool....what's this Mannings all about? I'm not familiar.

6. bosoxfan

bosoxfan Well-Known Member

http://www.4042.com/4042forums/showthread.php?t=37671

They're now looking at a possible May or June opening. The way it keeps getting pushed back, I have to wonder if it's going to open at all...just a gut instinct, and I hope it's wrong.

7. tassy

tassy Well-Known Member

Mannings on Main is being opened by a local couple. He's been a chef at several fine dining restaurants in Raleigh. He is a really good chef, he worked at McKinleys for a few years and had great specials that were not on the menu. He also won this years Squealin' On The Square (whole pig cookoff in downtown Clayton back in Oct. or Nov.), and a few awards at Claytons 2013 Taste of Carolina. He also sells a great bbq sauce and rub, Swamp Fox Sauces & Rubs.

Its going to open across from the dirt parking lot that is between The Flipside and Jones's. They've had to do alot of renovating on the building, it used to be an old auction house, I think before that it was a parts store.

:hurray:

8. ImTheNormal0ne

ImTheNormal0ne Well-Known Member

he works at rex as a chef there and wonderful cook :) he still says it is going to open

9. tassy

tassy Well-Known Member

I knew that too.. just didn't want to throw his current personal information out there.

10. High Plains Drifter

High Plains Drifter Well-Known Member

Howard?

11. gdogg79

gdogg79 Well-Known Member

:iagree:
    Was just wishing for a Thai restaurant this past weekend!! Almost gave in and drove to Raleigh...

12. tassy

tassy Well-Known Member

yes

13. CraigSPL

CraigSPL Well-Known Member

Long Island Express is a good sandwich shop.

14. HidesinOBX

HidesinOBX Well-Known Member

Where is there a good Thai restaurant in Raleigh?

15. Palisade

Palisade Well-Known Member

16. ImTheNormal0ne

ImTheNormal0ne Well-Known Member

17. Judge Smails

:iagree:

That's one of my favorites, and I eat there probably once a week. I also like the Clayton Cafe & Bakery. But I really want a sandwich shop similar to Gandolfo's in Smithfield, where they have like a hundred sandwiches of all kinds.

18. Judge Smails

If you ever find yourself in Wake Forest, try the Thai Cafe on Rogers Road. It is simply awesome. Probably my second-favorite Thai restaurant anywhere.

19. PirateGirl

PirateGirl Well-Known Member

Backyard was my FAVE restaurant for yearssss, but lately, their service and food has been on a rapid decline. Makes me sad!

20. barney726

barney726 Well-Known Member

stay tuned. new small sign in front of old wendy's in clayton walmart area indicates "coming soon riff's hamburgers". anyone have additional information?