My 1st car was a ...

Discussion in 'Discussion Group' started by Kent, Dec 26, 2013.

1. Lucky1

Lucky1 Well-Known Member

1980 Ford Pinto. It was my mom's, but I got to drive it when she got home from working at Data General (now Caterpillar). I hated that car, but it got me where I wanted to go and was bearable after I put in a Pioneer radio and new speakers. My brother still has it and has been offered quite a bit for it. Apparently, it is quite popular on the racing circuit!

My first car of my very own was a 1987 Mustang...brand new when I graduated high school bought with my own money. I loved it, but quickly traded for a 78 Vette (L82). Jet black with T-tops. OMG, I loved that car. First car I ever ran over 100mph (on a back road in Pine Level...not too smart!!). Since then, I have had at least 20 cars...78 MGB, 65 Mustang, 78 Grandville vert (like riding on a cloud), many many Mustangs, on and on...love love love classic cars. Wish I still had them all!! :cheers:

2. Grammie

Grammie Well-Known Member

1970 Dodge Challenger

3. Rockyv58

Rockyv58 Well-Known Member

What do you think of the new Dodge Challengers?

4. Hught

Hught Well-Known Member

I drove one most of this week, they look neat and catch a lot of eyes, but I prefer an Impala.

I also have a problem with the keyless ignition systems. They sound good until they fail. My problem was amplified by crossing into Canada on a US rental, the Canadian franchises couldn't help me (more than a dead fob battery issue).

5. Grammie

Grammie Well-Known Member

They are nice to look at but I wouldn't own one. Loved my Challenger!!!!

6. Shadow Rider

Shadow Rider Well-Known Member

7. Rockyv58

8. PirateGirl

PirateGirl Well-Known Member

After all of these years, I still can't post a pic on here but oh well! My first ride was a 1986 Ford Mustang LX with the fin and ground effects. It spent more time on the back of a tow truck than actually driving, hence why I hate Fords! lol

9. Rockyv58

So would you say
    A. Found On Road Dead
    B. Fix Or Repair Daily
    C. First On Race Day

:)

10. HidesinOBX

HidesinOBX Well-Known Member

Now now... Ford IS the oldest American automobile manufacturer....also, the ONLY one financially solvent. I'm on my 2nd Ford Focus and love it. Never any major issues other than typical car maintenance, replacing brakes, tires etc. The last one I had for 10 years and it was still running great, but I was traveling alot and thought I would upgrade to the newer one, which has SYNC for my phone, and alot of other options. I've been very happy with my Focuses.

11. C me Now BMM

C me Now BMM Well-Known Member

yup, they've only had the best selling vehicle for 32 years straight.. highly unlikely to ever be matched again F-150 rules.. Its also been the best selling truck for 37 years. So while some of ya all are hammering on Ford that's ok.. the 150 has left you in their dust unable to even see the taillights.

12. Shadow Rider

Shadow Rider Well-Known Member

The best part of that car, other than the unique look and V-8 327, was the passenger seat could be lifted up 2" and would automatically fold into the back seat.

Great for drive-in movies (For those old enough to remember those)

13. Rockyv58

SWEET. Yea I am hold enough to remember Drive ins. In Livingston NJ there was a drive in that during the day it was a state motor vehicle inspection station and at night would show movies. Usually it showed X rated movies. I was a year older than my friends so 3 of my friends talked me into taking them to the drive in. I still even remember the movie. It was 'Super Vixens" We pulled in and watched about 10 minutes of it and were totally bored. So we decided to leave. I couldn't get my car started so I walked up to the gate and have the try to jump my car. When that didn't work I told my friends we would have to push my car out to the street. Our parent would probably freak if they knew we were at an X rated movie. As I went to put the car in nuetral I realized I had turned it off in gear. I put it in park and started up and then we left. I guess I was so nervous about going to that kind of movie I forgot to put the car in park.

:banghead: