Bass Pro Shops - Cary!

Discussion in 'Discussion Group' started by DMJmom, Jan 11, 2013.

1. DMJmom

DMJmom Well-Known Member

I know many of you will be excited to know (and some wives not so much) that Bass Pro Shops is coming to Cary! It may not be Joco, but it's a whole lot closer than Myrtle Beach and Charlotte!

2. Luvgoose1

Luvgoose1 Well-Known Member

Now I just have to figure out how to keep hubby from finding out. That was one of my "bribes" to go to Myrtle Beach! :mrgreen:

3. tukasiya

tukasiya Well-Known Member

Oh boy! Johnstonians and Caryites, what an interesting mix.

4. markfnc

markfnc Well-Known Member

suprising location. i guess more peolple live in that area. all i had heard was near smithfield outlets to get I 95 traffic.

5. Lucky1

Lucky1 Well-Known Member

Yay! Now I can get my projects around the house done and reward him with a trip to Cary!! I think it's neat there too.

6. Savealot

Savealot Well-Known Member

Wow my son will be thrilled! Anyone know the date and where it will be? thanks

7. bosoxfan

bosoxfan Well-Known Member

They're saying late this year/early next year where Carolina Pottery currently is on Harrison, just off I-40.

8. Straitlover

Straitlover Well-Known Member

I'm guessing they picked that area to compete w/ the Gander Mountain that just opened in Morrisville. Still weird!

9. markfnc

10. DMJmom

DMJmom Well-Known Member

My hubby said its supposed to be open March or April - they're ahead of schedule!

11. bandmom

bandmom Well-Known Member

and it looks like Cabela's is coming to White Oak, saw a sign there last week.
    actually across from White Oak, on 70, where the honda place used to be yrs ago.

12. bosoxfan

bosoxfan Well-Known Member

13. ferrickhead28

ferrickhead28 Well-Known Member

Stupid question...

The only BPS we visit is in Myrtle Beach because the only fishing we do is at the beach. We don't visit the one out by Charlotte because we heard they mostly sell lake fishing supplies. (Please correct me if I'm wrong!)

So now, do you think Cary will sell both?

14. markfnc

I was at Chick Fil A at Harrison Blvd on Saturday (right in front of Bass Pro Shops). A BPS employee was eating, his badge said customer service. I asked him when the opening was going to be. He said Early to Mid February. They are done with construction. Need to put up the sign, and are getting the shelves and displays put up, plus employee training.

15. youwish2bme

youwish2bme Well-Known Member

So you expected them not to have regional products? Really there Francis... So they should have Surf fishing products 400 miles inland?

16. jtn

jtn New Member

17. DontCareHowYouDoItInNY

DontCareHowYouDoItInNY Well-Known Member

It looks like an honest observation and question to me. Don't be a ****.