Finally cut the cord

Discussion in 'Discussion Group' started by kaci, Mar 25, 2013.

1. MamaApe

MamaApe Well-Known Member

I wish I could do that! But my hubby insists we need it for sports…is there any program you can stream live nascar & college basketball?

2. Palisade

Palisade Well-Known Member

Have you looked at the link I provided?

3. REXAMUS

REXAMUS Member

You have three options for watching sports without cable or satellite.

1: Get a slingbox and put it at a friend's house who has the channels you want. I have this and can watch Directv at my house or on the go.

2: Get an xbox or something similar that offers an ESPN app. I have an xbox and just login to my sister's TWC account and I can stream everything that is on ESPN.

3: There are numerous websites that you can stream live channels from but a lot of times you have to work your way through a bunch of popups and the quality might not be so great.

4. molly2008

molly2008 Well-Known Member

I like to be frugal to a point, but all of these options sound like a giant PITA. I like turning on the tv and the stuff I want to watch is right there. I guess DH will just have to continue to call TWC on occasion and keep harassing them to keep the price down. I'd like to cut the cord in theory, but it's prob not happening.

As an aside, we have been streaming a lot of stuff directly from Amazon Prime lately. Watching without commercials is quite the incentive.

5. Cleopatra

Cleopatra Well-Known Member

I know, right? lol

6. Rockyv58

Rockyv58 Well-Known Member

Are you sure you're not a democrat :) or a hidden communist :)

7. C me Now BMM

C me Now BMM Well-Known Member

It's good to know you know what you stand for,, lol.