Winter Olympics

Discussion in 'Discussion Group' started by Sherry A., Feb 7, 2014.

1. Sherry A.

Sherry A. Well-Known Member

I just love watching both the Winter and Summer Olympics. People work so very hard to participate and represent each country.

Go TEAM U.S.A.!!

[​IMG]

2. Sherry A.

[​IMG]

The stories of all the athletes are just amazing to me.

Sherry

https://lillypad.lilly.com/entry.php?e=3213

Kris Freeman, a champion cross-country skier who's about to race in his fourth Winter Olympics. During his off-season Kris, who has type 1 diabetes, travels the country on behalf of Lilly Diabetes to visit with children at diabetes summer camps.

Laying in the Olympic snow in Vancouver four Februarys ago after collapsing from a blood sugar low, trying again wasn't the first thing that leapt to mind. I just wanted to finish the race. Sochi was still four long years away, and who knew what was going to happen by then? All I knew at that moment was my dream of an Olympic medal had just skied away from me.

3. Sherry A.

The Greeks have a sense of humor with the gloves.

[​IMG]

4. Sherry A.

5. Sherry A.

6. Hught

Hught Well-Known Member

oh, is this happening again?

7. Sherry A.

butthead

Sherry

8. Sdaanimal

Sdaanimal Well-Known Member

Heh - that's what we thought when the superbowl thing came around again...
    Not everyone is a sports fan. :neutral:

9. Sherry A.

This really happened:

What happens when a jammed door challenges American bobsledder Johnny Quinn? The door doesn't fare so well:

[​IMG]

Dirty drinking water and substandard accommodations in Sochi are just a few issues that have made headlines during the Winter Olympics. It seems like faulty doors need to be added to that list after Team USA bobsledder Johnny Quinn got stuck in the bathroom and had to break out.

http://abcnews.go.com/blogs/headlin...der-johnny-quinn-smashes-through-jammed-door/

10. Sherry A.

OVERNIGHT: Sochi's 1st gold medal goes to American snowboarder Sage Kotsenburg

[​IMG]

11. C me Now BMM

C me Now BMM Well-Known Member

not sure what the average weather is in Sochi this time of year but one would think they would have the winter Olympics in a colder venue than this,, mid 50's - 60 isn't what I call good weather for the games.

12. sirputz

sirputz Well-Known Member

It seems that this olympic games have less coverage available online than previous years. On MSN homepage it has headline of USA women's hockey scores three goals in 55 seconds. That's something I want to see a vido highlight of. But it's NOWHERE to be found. NBC site doesn't have it, Fox sports has people talking about it, but I can't see any videos of it anywhere.

If someone can find me the highlights of the USA Switzerland game (womens) please give me a link here.

13. Sherry A.

http://video.nhl.com/videocenter/console?id=177885

14. Sherry A.

15. Sherry A.

16. CraigSPL

CraigSPL Well-Known Member

Women's Curling....it's what to watch.

[​IMG]

17. sirputz

18. sirputz

She's HOT!
    :popcorn:

19. C me Now BMM

C me Now BMM Well-Known Member

LOL,, no surprise there.

20. Sherry A.

It was the most recent highlights of the current game. They must have changed something on the link. Sorry.

Sherry