Should I chance it

Discussion in 'Discussion Group' started by Rockyv58, Feb 11, 2014.

?

Should I risk driving to Garner tomorrow

1. Yes - the roads will be fine

7 vote(s)
    50.0%
  2. No - You're a bloody idiot for trying

3 vote(s)
    21.4%
  3. No - Make them pay for a second day of the rental

4 vote(s)
    28.6%
  1. Rockyv58

Rockyv58 Well-Known Member

Should I risk driving tomorrow to Garner to pick up my car? Aamco offered to pay the rental for tonight. Supposedly it will be ready tomorrow (Wednesday) I am driving a $26,495 2014 Dodge Charger.

2. Rockyv58

I know this is silly but i really want my little rinky dink Isuzu Rodeo Sport back. I am so frustrated I can not even enjoy the rental. It's a really hot car with a carbon fiber dash.

PS I really want to give a shout out and a big thank you to Elims for giving me a lift last week to try to get my car then going to pick up the rental. I really do appreciate it.

3. jesse82nc

jesse82nc Well-Known Member

Depends on what time tomorrow, it is not supposed to do much around here until after lunch. It probably won't get bad until 3-5pm is my guess.

4. Lucky1

Lucky1 Well-Known Member

My son just volunteered to drive you (in the Charger) to retrieve your vehicle, after which time he will promptly return the rental (after a few hours) and gladly walk home, if necessary!!8)

5. 42Local

42Local Well-Known Member

My dad has a saying... Only drive to work in the snow if you're going to make at least enough money to cover the insurance deductible on your car.

6. rntobe

rntobe Well-Known Member

the roads should be fine in the mid morning/early afternoon. Hopefully your car will be ready.

7. Pirate96

Pirate96 Guest

Hey Drama Queen

Do it like you used to in Joisey! Just get out there and teach us how to drive on ice!

You'll be OK

8. Rockyv58

LOL

Got my vehicle back. It took me 40+ minutes from Exit 312 ramp to home. A woman had spun out on the ramp right next to McDonald's. Also there was an accident at the corner of 42 and Cleveland school road.

9. elims

elims Well-Known Member

Glad you got your car back safe and sound, with the work completed!! :)

10. Rockyv58

I thought I was going to have to pay to get the speedometer fixed but the sensor in the transmission was bad so I didn't have to pay a dime, other than for the rental. They were going to pay for last nights rental (he was going to have to write a check) but I told him just to give me credit for the next time. I come in. And with a 12 year old vehicle I know I will need service in the future.

Just glad I am home out of the weather.

11. Cleopatra

Cleopatra Well-Known Member

Good saying :)

12. tassy

tassy Well-Known Member

Thanks! I used that at work today when they were "deciding" when we could leave. I wasn't waiting for them to decide when it was ok for me to leave.