Paved over rumble strip on I-40?

Discussion in 'Discussion Group' started by Harvey, Sep 9, 2013.

1. Wayne Stollings

Wayne Stollings Well-Known Member

Here it is:

2. Palisade

Palisade Well-Known Member

I missed it (remember to tell Harvey I admitted to being wrong).

But still, I talked to the Walmart store on Wednesday who said they did not know anything about it. It's funny that corporate would make this decision, but not tell anyone at the store.

Ok, I just called CAT and the person I talked to did not know anything about it. She also asked her supervisor who also had not heard anything about it. The supervisor's supervisor was not in, but will return my call next week when she does get in.

So, everyone I have talked to that is connected to either Walmart at Cleveland Crossing or Raleigh CAT has not heard anything about such a decision. Not sure what else I can do other than hold a seance and commune with Sam Walton to ask him.

3. Harvey

Harvey Well-Known Member

Could that be because they are Triangle Transit buses and not CAT? These are two different entities, I believe. You may have called the wrong people...again.

4. Palisade

Says CAT here:
    http://www.raleighnc.gov/services/content/PWksTransit/Articles/CATBusRoutes.html

(Just in case you have trouble finding the Johnston County Express listing, it's the first entry under "Special Destinations and Services" (which is the second heading, the first being "Bus Routes")

5. Harvey

Harvey Well-Known Member

Yes, and when you actually click the link you provide and then follow through with it (geez) it takes you to the Triangle Transit page. Just click on the schedule/map link and this comes up: http://www.triangletransit.org/sites/default/files/files/TTA_RouteJCX(2).pdf

I have no doubt these two organizations work together, but it seems as though TA is the one who is running the bus and would likely know more about it than CAT.

6. Palisade

I give up. You win.

7. Sherry A.

Sherry A. Well-Known Member

Captured.

Sherry

8. Palisade

Official response from CAT/TTA:

(In the spirit of full disclosure, the response was to my email as follows)

9. molly2008

molly2008 Well-Known Member

It's a trap folks, don't fall for the empty promise. :lol:

10. Hught

Hught Well-Known Member

Congratulations, you deserve a medal for the work you have done. :hurray: