Pizza Hut - Clayton

Discussion in 'Discussion Group' started by PoohBear, Mar 19, 2014.

1. PoohBear

PoohBear Well-Known Member

After major renovation the Clayton Pizza Hut opened last evening. Anyone been there yesterday or today? If so, how was it. It was dark and dirty prior to renovations!

2. jesse82nc

jesse82nc Well-Known Member

Maybe I will stop by and pick up a pie this weekend.

3. barney726

barney726 Well-Known Member

had lunch at clayton pizza hut today. no buffet. $6.00 lunch includes personal pizza (pepperoni or supreme) and choice of 2 sides. available sides include (2) soup choices, (2) salad choices, bread sticks, apple pie, cinnamon sticks, chocolate dunkers, etc. food was good and currently they have large staff. the apple pies (three small) were delicious. they also currently have the $10 any size, any topping, etc. pizza deals. soft drinks were $2.12. we will return!

4. tassy

tassy Well-Known Member

I swear soda/tea drinks in restaurants are the biggest rip-off. :twisted:

5. Savealot

Savealot Well-Known Member

They did away with the buffet? wonder why they did that?

6. barney726

barney726 Well-Known Member

i asked the same question. they advised the new menu was a better deal than buffet. it was very busy at lunch but i saw about 3 groups leave after seeing no buffet. working guys! the customers will have to determine if it is a better deal. in my opinion the buffet is better if you are going for pizza. and that is what i go to pizza hut for. i went with 2 females and they liked the new lunch menu.

7. Savealot

We are a buffet family so that is disappointing. thanks, glade you posted before we went in there.

8. Sdaanimal

Sdaanimal Well-Known Member

:iagree: When go out to dinner - anywhere - I just order ice water. Healthier for me, and way, way cheaper. :)

9. jesse82nc

A bunch of us go to a Pizza Hut up in RTP/Durham for lunch every Monday specifically for their buffet.

10. tassy

tassy Well-Known Member

Me too... unless I'm getting a beer or glass of wine. Even then, I don't really want to pay for a core beer (Bud, BL, Mich, Miller, etc.), I want a good craft beer and preferably a local one.

11. C me Now BMM

C me Now BMM Well-Known Member

what a Giselle.. snobby beer.

12. tassy

tassy Well-Known Member

I actually need the Flying Saucer shirt that says "BEER SNOB". Blame my husband and his home-brewing buddies!

:cheers:

13. jesse82nc

Stopped by tonight to pick up a pie I ordered by phone. It was super crowded and busy. Very nice looking inside though. But the lobby/pick up area was super small.

14. molly2008

molly2008 Well-Known Member

We tried to eat there tonight. Sat down, got our drinks..........and never saw our waiter again. Gave up and left. I didn't have time to wait all night to even place the order. I will wait a couple more weeks and try again, hopefully they will get their act together. Whoever turned that poor clueless server loose with his obvious lack of even basic serving skills needs to be fired.

On another note, the restaurant surely does look much better.

15. Savealot

I'm still sad about them not having the lunch buffet. I know some people don't like buffets but it was quick and I love pizza hut pizza and small personal pizza wouldn't do much for me. :)

16. Auxie

Auxie Well-Known Member

I have a t-shirt that says "Relief Pitcher" and has a picture of a pitcher of beer and a tap.

tassy likes this.
  17. Auxie

Auxie Well-Known Member

Now waiting for the Pizza Inn to open at 40-42. :rolleyes:

Rockyv58 and poppin cork like this.