Island Pizza

Discussion in 'Discussion Group' started by Navycut, Dec 7, 2013.

1. Navycut

Navycut Well-Known Member

Took over Papa's Subs behind Smithfield BBQ. Good people and good stuff.
    It's right up there with La Piazza.
    Basically take out but they do have a few tables.

2. sirputz

sirputz Well-Known Member

I like em, but they need a lil more dough in their pizza... Had em last night. Had em a few weeks ago and it was perfect with the little bit more dough.

8) No one knows who I am, cause I'm wearing shades that cost a Nickel.

3. singlemom2

singlemom2 Active Member

We went there last night. We ordered calzones & they were good :)

4. Wraunch

Wraunch Well-Known Member

Do they deliver?

5. C me Now BMM

C me Now BMM Well-Known Member

Yup. And they do have good pizza. At least the 1st go around was really good. Better than a few others here in the area.

6. bulldawg

bulldawg Well-Known Member

I had no idea this place was open the past 7 months till the wife saw the sign. We ordered 2 large pizzas last night and during my trip home with em I couldn't wait to open the box to devour. We will be going back to order more. I want to try the sub selections and such. So much better than Papa's junk he was trying to sell to the crowd here.

7. areynolds00

areynolds00 Guest

If you like Jalapeno poppers you gotta try their Island Poppers, they are my favorite. Good pizza and calzones as well.

8. robbie

robbie Well-Known Member

We went there last nite for dinner because I read this post and needed to try something new!! The food was delicious!!! Only problem was, (we ordered when we got there so we could see what they had), but it took over 1/2 hour to make meatball hero, garlic knots, and Italian Poppers!!! So my suggestion is to order over the phone next time so it is ready when we get there.!!! Will definitely go back, very good food :)

9. sirputz

3Olives Pizza opened up in the Exxon station on Cleveland School Rd. Very good...I like em better than Island. Both have good taste, I just prefer 3 Olives now.

10. C me Now BMM

C me Now BMM Well-Known Member

they've been there for awhile now...

11. sirputz

but I don't go that way often enough to know this. Just saying I like em better.

12. bissielizzie

bissielizzie Well-Known Member

We love 3 Olives too. Used to drive to Clayton, so glad they opened up closer. Island is good just prefer 3 Olives and it's easier to get in and out of. The traffic on 42 just gets more and more difficult to navigate.

13. Rockyv58

Rockyv58 Well-Known Member

Does Island Pizza have eggplant parmesan subs?

14. areynolds00

areynolds00 Guest

Website isn't the greatest, from what I can tell, its a family business. Very nice people though. I hope they stay around for a while. Here is the website so you can see the menu.
    http://islandpizza.org/

15. bulldawg

bulldawg Well-Known Member

Closed till June 9th?

Website is down and FB says they are looking to sell

Anyone know more news?

16. tassy

tassy Well-Known Member

They pretty well sum it up on their FaceBook page in 2 separate posts. One in early May that says they are looking to sell due to health reasons. The second later in May that says they are closing and looking to sell asap because of a surgery coming up.

17. Wraunch

I wish them the best on the surgery but their pizza was awful. We ordered one time, it seemed like the teenager answering the phone was high when I called in and the one that delivered the pizza was clueless. I got the BBQ chicken pizza and it was just plain bad. I take Papa Johns over what they were serving any day. That being said, I'll stick with La Bella or La Piazza for my money.

18. 26.2

26.2 Well-Known Member

There's such a thing as a good barbeque chicken pizza? Yikes!

19. sirputz

3 Olive's has great pizza in my opinion!!!

20. Wraunch

Yes there is. It's a good change of pace from meat lovers, veggie, pepperoni and mushroom, etc. Maybe check out a Mellow Mushroom sometime and broaden your horizons.