The DO NOT CALL list doesn't work

Discussion in 'Discussion Group' started by Rockyv58, Apr 4, 2014.

1. Rockyv58

Rockyv58 Well-Known Member

</Rage on>

I have been on the Do Not Call list for years. Pretty much since it's inception. Re applied it a few times over the years. It seams I get more F**king calls now then before the list ever existed. I'd get rid of my home phone but knowing those bums they would solicit me via my cell phone. Not picking up the phone doesn't help. It just means they will keep on calling till you pick u.

Anyone know where I can get one of those air horns? I'll start answering the phone and blow it in their ears!!!!

</rage over>

2. markfnc

markfnc Well-Known Member

agree. when the do not call list came out it seemed to work. I reregistered not long ago, but we get more than ever.

of course politicians exempted themselves from that rule.

3. Rockyv58

Rockyv58 Well-Known Member

politicians and charities are both exempt but they should be on the list also not to call

And why is it no matter how many times I change my email address politicians still get my email and solicit for money. Don't the Koch brothers give them enough money!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

4. Hught

Hught Well-Known Member

We get flooded with calls from the Red Cross in Georgia. We haven't lived there in over 25 years, but they keep calling us for local blood drives.

The calls just stared a couple of months ago and we get at least two a week. We have talked to a number of them and let them know that it has been that many years and we liver in NC now. They keep telling us they will fix their database but we continue to get calls.

I think their call centers could go to much better use!

5. C me Now BMM

C me Now BMM Well-Known Member

Hey you partisan honk,, you forgot Soros.

6. siameselover

siameselover Well-Known Member

I get calls every day for life insurance, long term care insurance and they are always recordings. the horn or a whistle are good ideas if they werent recordings. i thought they werent supposed to use recorded calls

7. lgb0250

lgb0250 Well-Known Member

We got rid of this problem by finally going cell phone only and using the DND feature, which allows only those in your contacts list to get through.

8. bosoxfan

bosoxfan Well-Known Member

It's run by a government agency. Of course it doesn't work. I'm not sure why anyone would expect anything different.

9. markfnc

markfnc Well-Known Member

isnt there a block you can do with the phone? a *67 or something like that?

10. Palisade

Palisade Well-Known Member

Number blocks won't work if the caller's number is listed as "Unavailable", "Unknown", or "Restricted".

11. Harvey

Harvey Well-Known Member

If you are on the Do No Call List it doesn't mean a firm cannot call you. It means they are breaking the law when they do. If they are not being reported then why stop? If they are and the reports are not being followed up by the department of justice, then why would they stop? It is about enforcement.

You need to take the time to report the numbers if you want them to stop. Just like if you saw someone committing some other crime. Do you think a peeping tom is ever going to stop unless someone calls the cops?

12. Palisade

Palisade Well-Known Member

Well stated!

13. bosoxfan

bosoxfan Well-Known Member

Agreed. I've reported many of them, but it doesn't seem to do any good. Some of them keep calling, even after I've told them I would be filing a report.

14. ddrdan

ddrdan Well-Known Member

I agree with the premise but disagree with the results you'll get around here.

I had my riding lawn mower stolen from my front yard. When I called they told me I'd have to drive to Smithfield to report the theft.

I had words with a drunken idiot who wanted to fight and I refused and walked away. He jumped on my hood and held on while I was driving away. I called them while he was hanging on the hood. They told me to pull over and wait. 1.5 hours later they showed up and then told me it was his word against mine.

I had $1200 taken from my wallet where the thief was caught on camera doing it. He was an repeat offender and out on parole at the time. It went to court and they slapped his hand and told me "sorry".

Call a cop .... in Johnston county ..... now that's funny.

15. Harvey

Harvey Well-Known Member

Your cynicism only adds to the problem.