When will the new Sheetz open on 42?

Discussion in 'Discussion Group' started by Neighborhood MoM, Apr 8, 2014.

1. Neighborhood MoM

Neighborhood MoM Well-Known Member

Ok here I go. I have been watching and waiting for our new Sheetz to open on 42. Does anyone know the opening date ? Next what is going on at 42 & Cornwallis. I knew at one time that was suppose to be the location of the new Sheetz . But I have asked a few people about all the activities. It seemed that they were so busy the first round when clearing the land then got to a certain point and stopped. Now they are at it again . I see the same WIFI tower put up on the lot just like Sheetz did when they were working on the one that is soon to open. Anyone in the know please help to keep us informed on what is going on in our area please. I hear people asking each other what is coming to our area but we have no real idea what the permits department for Garner, nor Johnston County permits are issuing . Someone help keep your neighbors and community informed on what will be a part of our community/county. I assure you that I am not the only one asking questions. From one neighbor to another neighbor.

2. C me Now BMM

C me Now BMM Well-Known Member

I believe that tower is a mobile security video detail.
    Haven't heard anything different than another sheets.

3. baseballer

baseballer Active Member

sheetz

Opens Thurs...4/10

4. jesse82nc

jesse82nc Well-Known Member

That is what I have heard as well. This Thursday.

Oh and you can subscribe to the JoCo planning board's emails if you want. They send out the full meeting minutes and agendas, along with all zoning and major project information for the county. I think Clayton has something similar as well.

5. markfnc

markfnc Well-Known Member

42 & Cornwallis is also a Sheetz. It bid a few weeks ago.

6. Harvey

Harvey Well-Known Member

Me no likey and I certainly don't think the traffic improvements they were required to make were nearly enough.

7. Shadow Rider

Shadow Rider Well-Known Member

Have they started the Sheetz at 42/50 yet?

8. bosoxfan

bosoxfan Well-Known Member

I have heard that the Sheetz at 42/Amelia Church is open, with gas at $3.299.

9. tassy

tassy Well-Known Member

And thats 20c. cheaper than Sandu's which was 3.49 on my way home from work yesterday morning. I wonder what his prices are looking like today?

10. Lawnranger

Lawnranger Well-Known Member

Gas was $3.46 for 89 today. Pleasant experience. Friendly staff. They said Sheetz at 42 and Cornwallis would be open in about 3 months.

11. bostonredhead

bostonredhead Well-Known Member

I can confirm this - I was just there.

12. tassy

tassy Well-Known Member

I would avoid that area... its crazy over there. The parking lot is not big enough for all that traffic right now. People are lined up behind cars in parking spaces waiting for pumps that are 2 and 3 deep with cars waiting for gas.

I did pay 3.29 for regular unleaded though...

13. 42Local

42Local Well-Known Member

Exactly this.

14. C me Now BMM

C me Now BMM Well-Known Member

LOL.. 3 months? they better hurry up.

15. jesse82nc

jesse82nc Well-Known Member

It was like a pack of wolves fighting for a sheep. I got gas for my truck that takes 93, I think it was like $3.65 for that. But I also take like 20-30 gallons at a time. Since I was there for a while, someone pulled in behind me and in front of me to wait for gas. What idiots. I couldn't get out, I almost drive over top of some stupid lady to get out.

But other than that, it's a good place, we got some dinner there, food was good.

16. gcoats3

gcoats3 Well-Known Member

Is it better today? Is gas still cheap or was that grand opening special?

17. dgsatman

dgsatman Well-Known Member

Since you were blocked in, it would have been priceless to see the expressions on their faces if you had left your truck at the pumps while you went in to eat!!! :twisted:

18. tassy

tassy Well-Known Member

It won't be any better for a week probably... in the past their grand opening price usually lasts atleast a week. I recall going to the one at 210/50 (?) when it opened, it was about a week or so later and still had the low gas price.

I was trying to get out of a parking place in front of the store, and had to actually get out and knock on some ladies window, she was too engrossed with playing on her phone to hear my horn, and ask her to pull up so I could back out. :roll:

Coming home about 9:15 last night, the pumps were still 2 and 3 deep with people waiting to get gas.

19. Harvey

Harvey Well-Known Member

I am sure this is a promotional gas rate for a week or so, but the average gas tank is maybe 15 gallons? Gas at other stations is right around $3.50+/- for 87 right now , so people are breaking their necks to save about 3 bucks.

Math skills versus time savings and hassle, people.

20. gcoats3

gcoats3 Well-Known Member

Yes, but if you wait in line and pay $3.3299/gal you can tell all your friends. That is priceless!