Republic Wireless

Discussion in 'Discussion Group' started by Pwoods, Apr 14, 2014.

1. Pwoods

Pwoods Well-Known Member

If anyone would like to start saving some money with a new wireless carrier, feel free to use the link below for a referral credit. You get $20, I get $20.

http://rwshar.es/Oq69

Unlimited everything for $25 with no contract.

Republic Wireless is a Cary based wireless carrier that can save you some money, has great phones and is hassle free. You can read up about them here: https://republicwireless.com/

Here's Clark Howard's recent reviews as well:

http://www.clarkhoward.com/news/clark-howard/technology/clarks-review-republic-wireless/nb8zx/

http://www.clarkhoward.com/news/cla...lic-wireless-offers-cheaper-smartphone/nfFRC/

2. siameselover

siameselover Well-Known Member

I have them and it is great. I could not afford a smartphone before and now i get one for 10 a month. The phone I have is Moto x and its awesome. They have the Moto g also

3. bosoxfan

bosoxfan Well-Known Member

Good option as long as you don't mind being on the Sprint network.

4. Rockyv58

Rockyv58 Well-Known Member

It probably would not work for me. I use to have a sprint phone and could not get signal at my home. I had to be at least 1.5 to 2.0 miles away from my home to get signal. I looked at Republics map and even still where my home is in the roam area. So for me it would not be a good deal. :(

5. dgsatman

dgsatman Well-Known Member

It works GREAT anywhere there is WiFi....Home, McDonalds, hotels, etc. But agree about being OK with Sprint.

6. High Plains Drifter

High Plains Drifter Well-Known Member

Sprint has been awful in the past but they have started improving it. I've noticed a significant upgrade over the last few months.

7. Rockyv58

Rockyv58 Well-Known Member

Cell Tower

Not trying to hijack the thread but I have been curious who owns the cell tower behind 'Industrial welders'? They are on Cleveland School Road right where Grill road butts into it. Also who else may be getting their signal there?

8. Harvey

Harvey Well-Known Member

Rocky, if you have WiFi at home, then you don't have to worry about signal. This is the whole concept. It only uses the Sprint network as a backup when not near wifi.

9. Harvey

Harvey Well-Known Member

Yes, there were actually some small service outages due to the recent huge investment Sprint has put into their ability to cover the area. Republic Wireless sent out a notice to customers to expect possible service interruptions while Sprint upgraded its network. Big improvement.

10. tassy

tassy Well-Known Member

I was going to say the same thing. Since Sprint was acquired by SoftBank they have reportedly dumped ALOT of money to improving their towers and network. If you go to Sprints website and look at their coverage map, it now shows you where their towers are, and info for each tower, such as, towers that have been improved and what signal they should be putting out. We had really crappy service at our house and I was lucky to get 1 bar and 3G service without having the Air Rave connected. Now I get 3-4 bars of service and 4G LTE consistently.

Last edited: Apr 15, 2014
  11. Pirate96

Pirate96 Guest

I have been laughing all the way to the bank with Republic Wireless..... Sprint has improved and for $25 per month I get full coverage with a smartphone versus $70-100 for Verizon.

12. siameselover

siameselover Well-Known Member

With republic's phone I can use it in the house. In my neighborhood alot of people have to go outside to use cell phones, not me! I am getting the Moto G for hubby to replace his trac phone. For 10 a month can't beat it

13. Hught

Hught Well-Known Member

I wish my Verizon bill was only $100. Currently averaging north of $175!

14. Harvey

Harvey Well-Known Member

Last edited: Apr 16, 2014
  15. Hught

Hught Well-Known Member

16. spy109

spy109 Well-Known Member

They just released the Moto G today as well. Also guys if your going to advertise... remember the Refer a Friend Program also just started. Refer someone and you get 20 bucks... so does the person who you helped sign up.

www.republicwireless.com

17. Straitlover

Straitlover Well-Known Member

But if you can't get a cell signal and the power's out (or you internet is not working), that means you have no phone, right?

18. Harvey

Harvey Well-Known Member

Correct. I get a good cellular signal at home, so I am not worried about it.