Terrafin Station

Discussion in 'Discussion Group' started by tassy, Mar 15, 2014.

1. tassy

tassy Well-Known Member

LOL!

2. tassy

tassy Well-Known Member

It looks like both locations have new FB pages up and running. The N. Raleigh location lists a "Culinary Team" - Head Chef Christopher Knight. Good luck to him stepping in Nates shoes. No details on a Garner location chef.

3. Pirate96

Pirate96 Guest

Thanks for the info! This is one of the exact reasons I still visit these forums at all.

I hope them the best, however without the chef it will not be the same. I was a fan of Chef Nate and his use of ingredients. Would be surprising to see them find a capable replacement.

4. mom23

mom23 Active Member

We went this weekend and it was really good. The food was actually a lot better than when we went last month.

5. kaci

kaci Well-Known Member

Just rode by on the way home from grocery store and the windows have not been repaired or even boarded up!!! Anybody know what's going on?

6. dgsatman

dgsatman Well-Known Member

They were broke before. Got nothing to do with anything

7. JoCoREZ

JoCoREZ Well-Known Member

Unfortunately I have to agree that the food quality has dropped off considerably. I have noticed a big change in the recipes over the last few months and more so lately. Last time I was there had Tuna ceviche and it had maybe 6 small chopped pieces of avocado and 4 pieces of jalapeno. In addition, it tasted like it was in lemonade instead of a hint of citrus. Huge disappointment for $12 bucks. I have reluctantly taken my food dollars elsewhere.

I just do not understand. Why not hire a new chef and re do the whole menu and start fresh.

8. youwish2bme

youwish2bme Well-Known Member

I have not been back since this whole debacle started.. We used to go once a week but I will not with this BS going on..

Hitch

9. lucky*p

lucky*p Member

Nate answered the phone when I called to speak to Rick. Maybe they worked things out..

10. jonathan

jonathan Member

terafin

Nate is not back at Terafin Station.

11. CraigSPL

CraigSPL Well-Known Member

In looking at their online menu their prices have gone up. some items not so much, others a lot.

12. bosoxfan

bosoxfan Well-Known Member

So prices up, quality down (based on what I've been hearing around town). That does not sound like a recipe for success.

13. lucky*p

lucky*p Member

he answered the phone the other day when I called

14. tassy

tassy Well-Known Member

Maybe they have hired another "Nate", but I'd bet my life it wasn't the previous partner Nate.

I only say that because Colleen and Nate have just announced their new restaurant; Simple Twist. It's opening June 2 in the location what was American Hero on 42 (near Dr. Riccobene's office).

https://www.facebook.com/simpletwistnc

http://www.simpletwistnc.com/SImple_Twist/Home.html

15. CraigSPL

CraigSPL Well-Known Member

Not sure if they still do or not, but they had a waiter who's name was Nate as well.

16. gcoats3

gcoats3 Well-Known Member

17. myhubbyswife

myhubbyswife Guest

I've always heard good things about them. Everything happens for a reason. This will just make an opportunity for them to go out on there own. Half full not half empty.:hurray: The parking wasn't so hot anyways. They'll find better.

18. dgsatman

dgsatman Well-Known Member

19. gcoats3

gcoats3 Well-Known Member

Yes 2 1/2 stars plus his comments not very convincing:
    We’d started with pimento cheese fritters, panko-crusted orbs of gooey goodness that proved so addictive that – well, let’s just say the first bite wasn’t the last.

The lettuce wedge wasn’t bad, either, though its deconstructed presentation put a harsh spotlight on out-of-season tomatoes that might otherwise have slipped under the radar. The dish seemed a little fussy, too, for a family-friendly restaurant that doubles a sports bar – though it must be said that TerraFin’s floor plan, which includes a large TV-free dining room separate from the bar, will be welcome to many. So will an umbrella-shaded patio that’s screened from the parking lot by a wrought iron fence and planter boxes spilling over with geraniums.

It was a Friday night, and we decided to try the weekly fish fry special, which turned out to be a respectable (if somewhat greasy) take on beer-battered haddock. Better still was the exceptionally tender and juicy veal porterhouse with a rosemary-garlic pan jus. Like most entrees, it came with a choice of two sides. I particularly liked the garlic mashed potatoes.

20. tassy

tassy Well-Known Member

Doors are padlocked by the landlord this morning.