When will the new Sheetz open on 42?

Discussion in 'Discussion Group' started by Neighborhood MoM, Apr 8, 2014.

1. Hught

Hught Well-Known Member

Just based on their name it took me a long time to eat there, but I have to admit it was pretty good.

Judge, I occasionally work in Canada and they have a breakfast version of their Angry Whopper that gets my day started right. Habaneros and hot sauce on a sausage croissant!

2. Harvey

Harvey Well-Known Member

Yes, but there is usually a bit bigger spread between BJs and other places. The gap has narrowed somewhat.

3. ImTheNormal0ne

ImTheNormal0ne Well-Known Member

maybe thats all they have is cash? not everyone has a credit card. i dont like to use my debit card at the pumps. and sometimes i just have plain old cash and a empty bank account depending on the time of the month. I will say though I try to have someone with me when i do use cash though as to not hold people up but not everyone can be that lucky.

4. tukasiya

tukasiya Well-Known Member

I always want a receipt when I pay for gas with a credit or debit card. If the pump does not give me a receipt, then I go inside the store to get it. The Exxon at 42 and Cornwallis is especially bad at not giving me a receipt. I rarely go there for gas partly because that happens every time. The Hess in Garner is bad for that kind of thing too. Do you suppose that they just want me to come inside hoping that I will buy something else? That Exxon is going to have a hard time when the new Sheetz opens across the street.

5. gcoats3

gcoats3 Well-Known Member

I believe it has been mentioned but gas at Sheetz is now $3.399. I was by there today about noon so pulled in and no wait at the pump. Maybe the new has worn off, or everyone has already filled up, etc!

6. tassy

tassy Well-Known Member

price has jumped again, just came by there on the way home.... $3.45 for regular.

7. gcoats3

gcoats3 Well-Known Member

Pretty soon and I will be back at Murphy on US 70 in Clayton.

8. barney726

barney726 Well-Known Member

gas at sheetz was $3.559 today. they come to clayton offer special deal of $3.299 or whatever it was and no competition follows suit so no gas wars. sheetz back up there with competitors and all the sheetz fanatics are estatic! lmao

9. jesse82nc

jesse82nc Well-Known Member

You still get 3 cents off per gallon with a Sheetz card and another 5 cents off per gallon with your Sheetz credit card.

Also I saw they had the underground tanks for the new Sheetz at Cornwallis and 42 delivered today.

10. markfnc

markfnc Well-Known Member

something i noticed, i was at the 50/210 Sheetz. Was going to get the car washed anyway due to pollen. Once i said yes to the car wash the price went from 3.55 to 3.35. on 20 gallons that is $4. now the car wash was $7 so i still spent more total. If you are going to get a car wash anyways keep that in mind.

11. joann

joann Member

Can you use your loyalty card that's on your key ring at the pumps? I couldn't figure out how.

12. Palisade

Palisade Well-Known Member

Unfortunately the only way to use the "mini" loyalty card is to pay at the register.

13. tassy

tassy Well-Known Member

No.. like Lowes Foods gas discount, you have to swipe the full size card in the credit card reader.

14. DMJmom

DMJmom Well-Known Member

:?::?::?: I use my key ring Lowes Foods card at the gas pumps all the time to get the discount...

15. tassy

tassy Well-Known Member

Mine has never worked at the pump, they told me I had to swipe the actual card. How can you stick the little key ring one in the credit card swiper?

16. kaci

kaci Well-Known Member

You don't, you hold the little keyring card under the scanner at Lowes Foods at 42/50 to get you credit

17. lgb0250

lgb0250 Well-Known Member

Or type your number in if you get a pump the reader doesn't work on, which there are a few at the 42/50 location. You have to have the full size card to swipe at one of the Hess stations.

18. jesse82nc

jesse82nc Well-Known Member

And the latest for the 42 and Cornwallis location, is now September. As per Sheetz FB page. They buried the underground tanks the other day.

19. C me Now BMM

C me Now BMM Well-Known Member

they were finishing throwing the stone on tanks last night.

20. tassy

tassy Well-Known Member

Thats it, I don't use the one at the Lowes Foods at 50/42. I always use mine at a Hess station.