Wedding Questions

Discussion in 'Discussion Group' started by Coley703, Apr 26, 2014.

1. Coley703

Coley703 New Member

We are newly engaged and moving to Clayton May 1st. Can anyone provide any helpful information about restaurants with private rooms or smaller reception locations? We are going to have a maximum of 50 people. We do have the option to have a backyard wedding but I have not the first clue what to do with planning one. We are planning for mid July. Thanks for any information :)

2. gcoats3

gcoats3 Well-Known Member

Check out Wagner House or Venero's. Also Brick and Mortar would be a great location, you just hire a caterer. Also check out Dr. Watson Inn in Flowers Plantation.

3. mingomama

mingomama Well-Known Member

Second PP

I would second the previous poster who suggested Veneros. Their location and venue is very good.

I would not suggest an outdoor wedding, as the weather here in July can be quite hot and rainy/stormy.

4. bostonredhead

bostonredhead Well-Known Member

5. Boxwood977

Boxwood977 Active Member

Thewomensclubofclaytonnc.org is a great and affordable choice for a small wedding and the gazebo has been rebuilt and will be reopened this coming Monday.

6. Wraunch

Wraunch Well-Known Member

2nd for the Wagner House and the Landmark. I would avoid Venero's. Very underwhelming food.

7. Hatteras6

Hatteras6 Well-Known Member

Wagner House.

8. lucky*p

lucky*p Member

Jamie is great at the Landmark. And if you have family or friends coming in, the Comfort Inn is great.

9. Luvgoose1

Luvgoose1 Well-Known Member

Agreed! She did a fantastic job coordinating everything for my daughter's wedding a few years ago. The few minor issues that arose- she jumped right in and just handled it. For example, the wedding cake had the wrong color ribbon and she said "no -problem, I've got this" and next thing I knew she had contacted them and the right color ribbons were on the cake. Kathy Moore was equally wonderful with helping out!

10. ahlsmiles

ahlsmiles Well-Known Member

The Southern Traditions House-Downtown Clayton

PM if you want more details.